Are you looking for a delicious and easy meal that the whole family will enjoy? Look no further than this Instant Pot Riblets recipe! In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about pork riblets, from their health benefits to the best cooking methods. So, grab your Instant Pot and get ready to cook up some mouthwatering riblets!
What Are Riblets?
Riblets are tender, juicy strips of meat cut from regular ribs. They are packed with flavor and have small bones in each chunk, making them perfect for finger-licking goodness. In Asian cuisine, riblets are commonly enjoyed with rice and other dishes. This family-friendly meal is a sure crowd-pleaser, satisfying both kids and adults alike.
Not only are riblets delicious, but they are also a great source of vitamins and minerals. So, why not bring the flavors of a restaurant-quality meal into your own home? Follow the instructions below to cook up some delectable riblets using your favorite kitchen appliances. Cheers to yummy pork riblets!
What’s The Difference Between Rib Tips And Pork Riblets?
While rib tips and riblets come from the same part of the ribs, they are not the same thing. Let’s take a closer look at the differences between rib tips and riblets:
- Rib tips are the meaty portions found on the underside of spare ribs. They are usually between seven to twelve inches long and one to four inches wide.
- Pork riblets, on the other hand, are ribs that have been cut into smaller pieces after removing the rounded end.
Now that you know the distinction, you can confidently choose the right cut of meat for your next culinary adventure.
Health Benefits Of Pork Riblets
Not only are pork riblets juicy and flavorful, but they also offer several health benefits. Here’s why including pork riblets in your diet is a nutritious choice:
- Iron and Zinc: Riblets are rich in iron and zinc, which are essential for your cells and tissues to receive oxygen and maintain overall well-being.
- Vitamins B12 and D: These tasty riblets contain high levels of calcium, promoting strong bones and teeth. Additionally, they are packed with a variety of vitamins that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
- Protein Powerhouse: Riblets are an excellent source of protein, providing all the essential amino acids your body needs. Protein is crucial for maintaining healthy skin, bones, and muscles.
- Abundant Selenium: Pork riblets contain selenium, a powerful antioxidant that protects your cells from free radicals and supports your overall health.
So, not only will you enjoy a scrumptious meal, but you’ll also be nourishing your body with essential nutrients.
Instant Pot Riblets Recipe
Are you ready to bring the flavors of Asia to your dinner table? Let’s dive into the details of this mouthwatering pork riblets recipe.
To start, you’ll need the following equipment:
- 1 Instant Pot Duo Crisps Plus Air Fryer (8 quarts)
Instant Pot Riblets Recipe Ingredients
Take a look at the ingredients that will make your pork riblets absolutely delicious:
- Rock Sugar: A natural sugar made from sugarcane juice and sap, rock sugar serves as an energy booster, freshens breath, aids digestion, and soothes a sore throat. It also improves vision and increases hemoglobin levels.
- Rice Cooking Wine: Widely used in China, Japan, and Korea, rice cooking wine is a staple in Asian cuisine. It contains amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, as well as antioxidants that help destroy free radicals and boost the immune system.
- Soy Sauce: With a history spanning over 1000 years, soy sauce is a flavorful liquid condiment enjoyed worldwide. Made from ingredients such as soybeans, wheat, salt, and more, soy sauce is rich in sodium, carbohydrates, and protein and can be found in grocery stores globally.
- Oyster Sauce: A key ingredient in Asian cooking, oyster sauce is made from oysters, soy sauce, cornstarch, and caramel for flavoring. It contains carbohydrates, protein, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. This versatile sauce helps boost the immune system, improve brain function, regulate blood sugar levels, and increase energy. You can find oyster sauce in supermarkets near you.
- Star Anise: Used extensively in Chinese and Japanese cuisine, star anise is not only delicious but also offers medicinal benefits. It can aid in respiratory and digestive issues and help treat fungal and bacterial infections. Adding star anise to your pork riblets will take the flavors to the next level.
- Dry Bay Leaves: Bay leaves are not only aromatic but also rich in vitamins A, B6, and C, which are vital for supporting the immune system. They are also known to soothe digestive issues, making them great for an upset stomach. You can find bay leaves in markets all over the world.
How To Cook Pork Riblets in the Instant Pot
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to create a tender and flavorful dish:
- Prepare the Meat: Separate the pork riblets from each bone.
- Set the Instant Pot: Place the inner pot into the Instant Pot base and add one-fourth cup of cooking oil. Press the sauté button and set the timer to 30 minutes. Flip the riblets after four minutes to ensure they are browned on each side.
- Add the Spices: Add the rock sugar and mix it with the meat until the sugar melts. Next, add the rice cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Finally, place the bay leaves and star anise on top for an extra burst of flavor.
- Cook the Pork Riblets: Cover the Instant Pot with the pressure cooker lid. Press the pressure cooker settings button and set the pressure to H1. Set the timer to 28 minutes and wait for the magic to happen. Once the cooking is complete, quickly release the pressure.
- Season to Taste: If desired, you can enhance the flavors by seasoning the riblets with more soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Different Cooking Methods
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry! You can still enjoy mouthwatering pork riblets with other cooking methods. Here are a couple of alternative options:
How To Cook Pork Riblets On The Stove
- Place a medium-sized pan on the stovetop and add cooking oil.
- Add the pork riblets and ensure all sides are browned.
- Add the rock sugar and cook on medium to low heat until the sugar melts.
- Add the rice cooking wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Place the bay leaves and star anise on top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about one hour or until the meat is tender. Add water if needed.
How To Cook Pork Riblets In A Slow Cooker
- Place the pork riblets in the slow cooker and add all the ingredients.
- Cover the cooker and set the timer for four hours or until the riblets are tender and flavorful.
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you can’t get enough of these delicious riblets and want to explore more comforting Filipino dishes, try these recipes that are just as easy to make:
- Chicken Tocino Easy Recipe with Pineapple Juice
- Filipino Garlic Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Beef Mechado
- Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Pot Steam Buns Easy Recipe
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and get ready to impress your loved ones with your culinary skills. Don’t forget to visit Ekilove for more delectable recipes and cooking inspiration.
Happy cooking and enjoy your mouthwatering pork riblets!