These Air Fryer Chicken Livers take just 10 minutes to cook and are incredibly delicious! This recipe puts a healthier spin on a classic dish, providing a modern twist that will have you coming back for more.
Most people either love or hate chicken livers, but this recipe is sure to change the minds of even the biggest skeptics. The outer coating is perfectly crispy and crunchy, while the center remains rich and flavorful. Plus, you can easily customize the seasonings in the flour to suit your taste preferences. If you haven’t tried seasoning salt, give it a go – it’s absolutely delicious!
🐔 Why This Recipe Works
- Simple Prep: This recipe is designed to be quick and easy, with minimal fuss.
- Air Fried: By using an air fryer, you can achieve a deep-fried texture without all the excess oil.
- 10 Minutes: Yes, you read that right! In just 10 minutes, you can enjoy these mouthwatering chicken livers. No need to spend hours in the kitchen!
If you’re a fan of chicken livers, this recipe is a must-try. Let’s take a closer look at some of the key ingredients:
- Chicken Livers: The star of the show! Chicken livers are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients.
- Flour & Corn Starch: The combination of these two ingredients creates a beautiful, crispy exterior.
- Seasonings: We add a sprinkle of onion and garlic powder to the flour, infusing the livers with a delightful flavor.
- Milk & Egg: Using a mixture of milk and egg helps the coating stick to the livers, resulting in a crispy finish. Feel free to use any milk alternative you prefer.
To get started, head to the chicken section of your local grocery store and look for chicken livers in small tubs. Once you have them at home, rinse them off, pat them dry, and drain any excess liquid. It’s essential to clean your sink thoroughly after handling raw meat, just like you would with any other raw chicken.
Now, let’s dive into the simple steps to make these delicious chicken livers:
Step One: In a bowl, mix together ¼ cup flour, 2 tbsp cornstarch, and desired amounts of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Step Two: In a separate bowl, whisk together ½ cup of milk and one egg until well combined.
Step Three: Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
Step Four: After rinsing and drying the chicken livers, dip them in the egg and milk mixture, followed by the flour mixture. Place them in the air fryer basket or on a tray, and lightly spray both sides with olive oil for added crispiness.
Step Five: Cook the livers in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Keep an eye on them, as cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model.
‼️ Using Flour to Coat the Livers
One important tip: make sure to lightly spray the livers with olive oil before air frying. This prevents excess flour from sticking and ensures a more appealing appearance. Don’t worry; you won’t need much oil, and it’s still a healthier option compared to traditional frying methods.
⚠️ Can I Use Regular Olive Oil?
Absolutely! If you prefer using regular olive oil, consider using an Olive Oil Mister for a more controlled application. These handy devices allow you to mist just the right amount of oil, whether for air frying or coating a pan. You can find them at your local grocery store in the same section as the olive oils and cooking sprays.
🧅 Expert Tips
- Keep them Moist and Crispy: After flipping the livers halfway through cooking, spray a bit more olive oil on top to maintain moisture and enhance crispiness.
- For Tray Versions: If you’re using a tray-style air fryer and cooking with two trays at once, remember to rotate them midway through to ensure even cooking. The top rack may cook faster than the bottom one.
- Evenly Sized Pieces: To ensure even cooking, cut your livers into uniform pieces.
- Leave Space Around: Be sure to leave some space between each piece of liver to allow hot air to circulate evenly. Proper air circulation is vital for achieving perfectly cooked and crispy livers.
- Use Cooking Time as a Guide: Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer, so use the recommended times as a guide.
- Get Creative with Seasonings: Feel free to experiment with different spices and seasonings to customize the flavor of your chicken livers.
- Add a Subtle Heat: If you enjoy a bit of spice, consider adding a splash of hot sauce to your milk mixture for a subtle kick.
- Enjoy Fresh and Hot: These chicken livers are best served fresh and piping hot. As they cool, the breading will lose some of its crispiness.
- Pair with Mustard Sauce: For an extra punch of flavor, enjoy these chicken livers with a hot mustard sauce.
- Easy Clean-Up: Consider using parchment or silicone liners for easy clean-up. They come in various sizes and shapes, or you can even make your own by poking holes in parchment paper.
🧄 Recipe FAQs
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or leave a review in the comments section. Stay connected with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more delicious recipes!
Now you have an irresistible recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Livers that will surely impress your taste buds. Give it a try and enjoy a healthier version of this beloved classic dish. To explore more exciting recipes, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!