Air Fryer Smoked Sausage (or Kielbasa) just made your life so much easier! Dinner is served in less than 10 minutes!! You can serve it up on a bun like a giant, fancy hot dog or slice it up and air fry with onions and peppers for a yummy entree that’s great over rice.
My dad was a big fan of smoked sausage & kielbasa, and I’ve been enjoying it since I was a kid. It’s a flavorful pre-cooked sausage that we used to sauté in a skillet with a touch of oil or water just to heat it through. But now, with the air fryer, it’s even quicker!
What’s the Difference? Smoked Sausage vs. Kielbasa vs. Mettwurst vs. Bratwurst
The short answer, without getting too technical, is not much. Most versions of these sausages are pre-cooked pork or beef that is smoked to some extent.
- Smoked Sausage – I tried the Beef Smoked Sausage from Kiolbassa for this recipe, but all varieties cook up similarly.
- Kielbasa is a U-shaped sausage that is precooked and not as “smoky” as other varieties. It was a regular part of our meals growing up.
- Mettwurst is a German sausage that may not always be cooked, but here in Cincinnati, people consider “Metts” a smoked sausage.
- Bratwurst is usually not pre-cooked and smoked. It’s whiter and rawer when purchased, but smoked varieties like Cheddar Brats are available and absolutely delicious.
How do you make Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer?
Uh, this could not get any easier.
- Open the package.
- Put the sausages in the air fryer.
- Hit start.
Sausages like these links are similar to hot dogs and cook in just 5-6 minutes since they’re already pre-cooked.
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage
- Italian Sausage & Peppers
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Sausage Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos
- More Air Fryer Recipes
What to serve with Smoked Sausage
Since these sausages cook up so quickly, you can make a side dish in the air fryer alongside them or serve them up with a variety of tasty sides. Here are some of my favorites:
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Copycat Taco Johns Potato Oles
- Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese
- More Tasty Side Dishes
For more delicious recipes and cooking inspiration, visit Ekilove.