These juicy, delicious air fryer tomatoes are insanely good and full of Mediterranean flavor. You’ll enjoy these mouth-watering tomatoes in 12 minutes, perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch, or side dish. You’ll never want to roast tomatoes any other way.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Why you’ll love these air fryer roasted tomatoes
- They taste amazing, with all the flavor of oven-roasted tomatoes but they are made in the air fryer in just 10 minutes.
- It’s easy to air-fry tomatoes; they will become your ‘go-to’ snack or side dish!
- They make a great easy side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Double up and make a batch for the freezer.
- Ticking all the boxes, they are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and low-carb/keto, making this the perfect air fryer recipe.
Roasting tomatoes has never been so simple, packed full of flavor, our friends and family just can’t get enough of them!
What ingredients do I need?
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
How to make air fryer tomatoes with step-by-step instructions
Making our air fryer roasted tomatoes is easy if you follow our simple instructions.
Preheat your air fryer to 400F/205C.
An air fryer pushes hot air down onto the food and all around it.
Doing so mimics deep frying, giving you the same results but in a much healthier way (generally speaking).
What’s the best air fryer to use?
We’ve used several different air fryers over time, and currently, we prefer the Instant pot air fryers, which we use and love.
Which tomatoes are best for air frying?
Most ripe tomatoes will air-fry well.
We’ve used large tomatoes on the vine for this recipe, but you could use Roma tomatoes, plum tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and buffalo tomatoes; they’d have a very tasty flavor.
Air fryer roasted cherry tomatoes are also good.
Make sure you use fresh tomatoes, and you won’t go far wrong.
More ways to cook tomatoes
There are many different recipes for tomatoes; when cooking tomatoes, you can use them with marinara pasta sauce, arrabbiata sauce, tomatoes and goat cheese bake, or a tasty spicy tomato soup.
Naturally, they are delicious uncooked, try our tomato, onion, and cucumber salad, pico de gallo, or Caprese skewers.
What do I serve them with?
Our air-fried red tomatoes go with so many different dishes.
They are sensational when placed on top of your favorite veggie burger or on a potato fritter.
Delicious on air fryer toast or a slice of crusty bread, or as part of a veggie breakfast.
Try serving air-fried tomatoes with goat’s cheese, they are such a great pairing.
Add them to your list of BBQ food, perfect alongside sweet potato fries, onion rings, veggie chicken burger, and pesto corn on the cob.
Play with the flavors
We’ve created this recipe for speed and ease, so we used Italian seasoning, but if you want to take the flavor up a notch or two, use fresh herbs,
Fresh basil, fresh thyme, and a little garlic, perhaps? These all give a fresh flavor to the tomato halves.
Other dried seasonings could be garlic powder or sumac.
A little pesto or vegetarian Parmesan cheese on roasted tomatoes always tastes delicious.
They would taste amazing as a base for your marinara sauce.
How long are air-fried tomatoes good for?
If you have leftover roasted tomatoes, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.
Recipe notes and expert tips
- Do you have to peel tomatoes before air frying them?
- Not at all. To roast tomatoes simply wash them and cook them in their skins.
- StorageStore in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and freeze for up to 6 months.
- PreheatWe pre-heat our air fryer, but if you have an oven-style basket-type air fryer, you probably won’t need to.
- Watch closelyEvery air fryer cooks differently; different brands and capacities can mean that your food will need a longer or shorter cooking time, so keep a close eye on them.
More vegetarian air fryer recipes for you to try
If you like our air fryer tomatoes recipe, you’ll love these delicious recipes!
- Air fried asparagus
- Air fried baby potatoes
- Air fried Brussels sprouts
- Air fried broccoli
- Air fried carrots
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram, for more tasty inspiration!