Do you own an air fryer? If not, you’re missing out! Air fryers are an amazing way to cook fish, and this week I tried making Swai in the air fryer. Let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious! Swai fish is perfect for air frying because of its mild flavor and lack of bones. Not to mention, it’s also quite affordable. Give this recipe a try and prepare to be amazed!
What is Swai Fish?
Swai fish, also known as Basa fish, is a type of catfish that is predominantly found in Vietnam. It has a delicate texture and a mild flavor, making it an excellent choice for those looking to try something new in the kitchen. If you enjoy this air fryer recipe, you should also check out my other favorites like Air Fryer Grouper and Air Fryer Blackened Salmon. Swai fish is a great addition to your culinary repertoire!
Is Swai Fish Healthy?
Absolutely! This air fryer Swai fish recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly healthy. By omitting oil and using the right seasonings, you can enjoy a heart-healthy meal in just a few minutes. Unlike deep-frying, the air fryer gives you the same crispy taste without the excess calories and fat. It’s a win-win situation!
Why Make Fish In The Air Fryer?
If you’re looking for an easy and healthy way to cook fish, then the air fryer is your best friend. Swai fish is a fantastic option because it is light and has a mild flavor. With the air fryer, you can achieve a perfectly cooked and crispy fillet in just minutes. Plus, since the air fryer doesn’t require much oil, it’s a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. Cleaning up afterward is also a breeze!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Swai Fish
To make this delicious air fryer Swai fish, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Swai Fish: You can use fresh or frozen Swai.
- Olive Oil: Feel free to use coconut oil, avocado oil, or even grapeseed oil instead.
- Cajun or Blackened Seasoning Mix: You can use either homemade or store-bought seasoning mix.
How To Make Swai Fish In The Air Fryer
Now let’s dive into the cooking process. Here’s how you can make Swai fish in your air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with a silicone reusable air fryer liner. Avoid using parchment paper as it can pose a fire risk.
- Brush olive oil over the fish and season it with the blackened or Cajun seasoning mix.
- Place the fish into the air fryer basket and set the timer for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
What Side Dishes Can You Serve With Swai Fish?
Swai fish pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are some recommendations:
- Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- Easy Air Fryer Cobb Salad
- Air Fryer Guacamole Stuffed Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Stuffed Spinach Pasta Shells
Can You Add Breading To Swai Fish?
Absolutely! If you want to add some breading to your fish, you can use either panko or bread crumbs. Just remember to spray your coating with cooking spray to ensure it crisps up nicely.
Other Ways To Cook Swai
If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t worry! There are other methods you can use to cook Swai:
- Skillet: Use a frying pan to make a pan-fried Swai. It’s a great alternative if you don’t have an air fryer.
- Blackstone: Preheat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high and cook the fish for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Oven: Follow the recipe instructions and then bake the fish in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Swai Fish In Air Fryer?
When cooked at 390 degrees F in a preheated air fryer, Swai fish typically takes around 9 to 10 minutes. It’s a quick and convenient way to enjoy a delicious meal!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This air fryer Swai fish recipe is not only tasty but also low in calories. It’s packed with protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making it a healthy choice for weight-conscious individuals. Feel free to enjoy this zero-carb, low-fat, Weight Watchers-friendly, low-carb, and Keto-friendly dish guilt-free!
How To Make Frozen Swai Fish
If you have frozen Swai fish, you can still easily cook it in the air fryer. Simply set the temperature to 390 degrees F and cook the fish for 12 to 15 minutes. It’s that simple!
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes
If you’re a seafood lover like me, you’ll be thrilled to try these other delectable air fryer seafood recipes:
- Air Fryer Snapper
- Air Fryer Grouper
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon Burger
- Air Fryer Halibut
- Air Fryer Ahi Tuna
Don’t Forget To Pin this recipe! It’s a great way to save it for later and share it with your friends and family.
To learn more delicious recipes and discover new cooking techniques, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!