Are you tired of the same old boring burgers? Then it’s time to upgrade your grilling game with smoked burgers! These Traeger burgers are juicy, full of flavor, and incredibly easy to prepare on your smoker. Once you try them, you’ll never go back to regular burgers again!
Why You’ll Love this Smoked Burgers Recipe!
- Minimal ingredients: You can make these delicious burgers with pantry staples!
- Quick and easy: With just 5 minutes of prep time, you’ll have these burgers ready in no time.
- Perfect for a group: Prepare the burger patties ahead of time, throw them on the smoker, and let them cook while you attend to other food preparations.
- Ideal for any night: Even if you’re not hosting a group, these burgers are quick enough to serve for dinner any night of the week!
What do I need to make Smoked Hamburgers?
To make these mouthwatering smoked burgers, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef: Choose ground beef with a higher fat content (15% or higher) to ensure juicy burgers.
- Egg: Acts as a binder to hold the burger patties together.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhance the flavor of the burgers.
Make each burger unique with a variety of toppings. Here are some of our favorite Traeger burger toppings:
- Bacon: Smoke it alongside the burgers for an extra level of deliciousness!
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cheese: Cheddar is a popular choice, but feel free to get creative with your cheese selection. Pepper jack adds a spicy kick!
- Buns: Brioche buns or pretzel buns are great options. Don’t forget to toast them before serving.
How to Smoke Hamburgers
Follow these simple steps to smoke your burgers to perfection:
- Prep Smoker: Preheat your smoker to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make Patties: Combine the ground beef, egg, salt, and pepper. Form four patties.
- Smoke: Place the patties on the preheated smoker and cook for approximately 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t forget to toast the buns!
How long does it take to smoke burgers at 325?
Smoking the burgers at 325 degrees Fahrenheit will take approximately 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you cook on the smoke setting on a Traeger grill?
Absolutely! The smoke setting on a Traeger grill is specifically designed for cooking and infusing your food with that delicious smoky flavor.
What temp are burgers done?
According to the USDA, burgers are done when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. However, keep in mind that smoking causes a chemical reaction in the meat, which may result in a slightly pink color even when cooked to perfection.
What Wood Chip Should I use to Smoke Burgers?
For smoking burgers, it’s recommended to use a stronger wood chip as they won’t be on the smoker for very long. Hickory, oak, or mesquite wood chips are excellent choices.
Should I flip burgers when Smoking them?
While it’s not necessary to flip your burgers when cooking them on a Traeger, you can do so if you prefer. Just flip them once to prevent the juices from draining out. Minimal flipping ensures a juicy burger in the end.
Complete your smoked burger meal with these tasty side dishes:
- Grilled Caesar Salad: Enjoy the delicious charred flavor!
- Instant Pot Potato Salad: Quick and easy to make.
- Seasoned Potatoes on Smoker: Cook your side dish alongside your burgers!
- Smoked Crumb Apple Pie: A delightful dessert to round out your meal.
A few more of my favorite burger recipes from the blog!
If you’re craving even more burger goodness, check out these recipes:
- Cheesy Bacon Burger with Fried Egg
- Taco Burger
- Best Hamburger Recipe
Now that you have all the tips and tricks for making the juiciest smoked burgers, it’s time to fire up your smoker and impress your friends and family with these mouthwatering creations. Enjoy!