Planning a trip to Thailand? The COVID-19 pandemic may have added a few extra steps and considerations to your travel plans, but with the right information, you can navigate the restrictions and requirements. In this guide, we provide you with the latest updates on Thailand travel restrictions, entry requirements, and everything you need to know to have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Thailand Travel Restrictions 2022
Latest Updates on Thailand Pass
Top 20 Questions on Thailand Pass
How to Travel to Thailand in 2022
Thailand Travel Restrictions
Join our Facebook Group
Best COVID Insurance for Thailand
Test and Go Thailand (March 2022)
Test and Go Hotels in Thailand
- Test and Go Hotels in Bangkok
- Test and Go Hotels in Phuket
- Test and Go Hotels in Pattaya
- Test and Go Hotels in Koh Samui
- Thailand reopens the country without quarantine to fully vaccinated travelers from any countries and territories under the Test and Go program.
- Fully Vaccinated Thai and foreign travelers from non-listed countries may still enter Thailand without quarantine through the Phuket Sandbox Program, Samui Sandbox, Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, and Chiang Mai Sandbox starting November 1, 2021.
- The Thai government has restored the mandatory quarantine of 10 days for unvaccinated Thai and foreign travelers.
- Thailand Pass is required for Thai and foreigners to enter Thailand including those nationalities under the Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival list.
- The Test and Go Hotel, AQ Hotel, SHA+ Hotel reservation, and COVID-19 Insurance with a minimum coverage of $20,000 are still required for foreigners entering Thailand.
Planning your trip requires some important steps to ensure a smooth experience. Download your Complete Travel Guide HERE.
Book a complete ASQ package. CLICK HERE
Get Your Travel Insurance! CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
I am an expat leaving Thailand for a short time and returning. Do I have to apply for Thailand Pass and Test & Go?
Yes. At this time, all people entering Thailand must apply for a Thailand Pass and follow Test & Go requirements if they are fully vaccinated. This includes having the required entry requirements such as insurance, SHA+ hotel booking, RT-PCR test, and Thailand Pass approval.
I am an expat returning to Thailand. Can I quarantine at home instead of a hotel?
No. No matter what visa you hold in Thailand, you must follow the Test & Go entry requirements. You must spend 1 night in a SHA+ quarantine hotel while waiting for your RT-PCR test result.
Have the April 1 changes to pre-departure RT-PCR testing come into effect?
Yes. Pre-departure RT-PCR tests are no longer required when entering Thailand.
Has the April 1 change come into effect for the Sandbox scheme?
Yes. The Sandbox scheme now requires only 5 nights of quarantine in the Sandbox designated area. Visitors must now do 1 x RT-PCR test and 1 x ATK test on day 5 instead of 2 x RT-PCR tests. The Test & Go program is a better option for those who are fully vaccinated.
Have the April 1 changes come into effect for the un-vaccinated Alternate Quarantine scheme?
Yes. The Alternate Quarantine timeframe has been reduced from 10 nights to 5 nights. You still need to have 2 x RT-PCR tests during this time. The tests will be taken on Day 1 and on Day 4 or 5.
This is just a small sample of the many questions and answers provided in our complete guide. For more information, visit our website.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Application Assistance
COVID-19 Thailand Visa Amnesty/Extension
If you are a foreigner staying in Thailand for a period longer than 90 consecutive days, you are required to report your current address every 90 days. You may file for the TM47 notification in person, by mail, online, or by an agent. Learn more
Consequences of Visa Overstay
During this COVID-19 crisis in Thailand, overstaying your visa should be avoided. However, if you find yourself in Thailand on an expired visa, it is important to take the right steps. Learn more
Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival
Foreigners under the Visa Exemption program and the Visa on Arrival programs may now travel to Thailand. Remember to apply for Thailand Pass before traveling. See more
Get your health insurance here
Get a quote for your COVID Insurance in Thailand. CLICK HERE
Remember, keeping up with the latest information and following the guidelines is crucial for a safe and enjoyable trip to Thailand. Visit Ekilove for more details and to access our comprehensive travel guide. Safe travels!