Are you tired of the same old skillet-cooked steak? With this incredible recipe for air fryer T-bone steak, you’ll achieve beautifully juicy meat with gorgeous browning on the outside. Say goodbye to your skillet and hello to a whole new level of deliciousness!
Let’s dive into the details. This recipe combines a delicate seasoning that accentuates the gorgeous steak flavor with the tender and chewy texture you crave from a good steak. The best part? It only takes around 10 minutes to cook T-bone steak in the air fryer! The hot air evenly cooks the steak, resulting in a perfect chocolatey-brown exterior.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make T-Bone Steak
To create a tantalizing T-bone steak, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- T-Bone Steaks: Look for steaks with good marbling, indicating tenderness and juiciness once air-fried.
- Steak seasoning: Choose a store-bought option or make your own using a balance of salt, pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper, garlic and onion powder, and a touch of brown sugar.
- Onion and garlic powder: These classic flavors add an earthy, slightly sweet, and spicy depth to the beef. Asafoetida is a great alternative for those who can’t tolerate onion and garlic.
- Olive oil: Opt for olive oil with its high smoke point and neutral flavor, allowing the natural taste of the meat to shine.
Tools Used in this Recipe
- Air fryer
- Small bowl
- Instant meat thermometer
How to Cook T-Bone Steak in the Air Fryer
Let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to create mouthwatering T-bone steaks:
- Get the air fryer ready: Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the BBQ rub, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Season the steak: Pat dry the T-bone steak on both sides with paper towels, then rub oil all over the steak. Next, rub the seasoning mixture on all sides of the steak.
- Air fry the steak: Place the T-bone steak in the air fryer basket and cook at 400ºF for 6 minutes on one side. Flip the steak and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until it reaches your desired doneness using an instant meat thermometer. Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Before cooking, let the steak rest at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Tent the steak with foil and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes after removing it from the air fryer. This relaxation time enhances tenderness.
- Remove the steak from the air fryer 5-10 degrees below your desired temperature, as it will continue to heat up for a while even after being removed from the heat.
How Long to Cook T-Bone Steaks in the Air Fryer?
The cooking time for T-bone steaks in the air fryer is approximately 10 minutes, depending on your air fryer and your preferred level of doneness. To ensure your steak is cooked to perfection, always use a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat. Here are the recommended temperatures:
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium rare: 130°F
- Medium: 140°F
- Medium well: 150°F
- Well done: 160°F
What Goes Well with T-Bone Steak?
Pair your air fryer T-bone steak with some delicious sides for a complete meal. Our top recommendation is crispy, fluffy air fryer smashed potatoes. The rich, meaty flavors of the steak blend perfectly with the herby and satisfying potatoes, creating a meal that you’ll eagerly anticipate all day.
Here are more options to serve alongside this delicious steak:
- Instant Pot mashed cauliflower
- Air fryer asparagus
- Air fryer green beans
- Roasted broccoli in the air fryer
- Japanese sweet potato in the air fryer
- Air fryer baby potatoes
Storing Leftover T-Bone Steak
Have some leftovers? Fear not! You can store leftover air fryer T-bone steak in the refrigerator or freezer for future enjoyment. To keep it fresh:
- For refrigeration: Seal the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate within 2 hours of cooking. They can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- For freezing: Seal the steak in an airtight container or freezer bag, and move it to the freezer once it has cooled. Again, it’s crucial to freeze the steak within 2 hours of cooking to maintain its quality. Cooked steak can be safely stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Can You Reheat Steak in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! Simply preheat your air fryer to 350°F and heat the steaks in the basket for 3 to 5 minutes. If you’re reheating frozen steak, you may need to add an additional 5-10 minutes. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure your steak reaches the desired temperature before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for more mouthwatering steak recipes? Try out these other sensational air fryer steak options:
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
- Marinated Steak in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Porterhouse Steak
- Air Fryer New York Strip Steak
We hope you enjoy this fantastic air fryer T-bone steak recipe! For more healthy recipes and ideas, don’t forget to subscribe and follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. And remember, Ekilove is your go-to destination for delicious, clean eating!