Are you looking for an easy and tasty appetizer to impress your guests? Look no further! Smoked sausage in the air fryer is the perfect addition to any party spread. In just under 10 minutes, you can have a mouthwatering dish that’s free from grease splatter. Let’s dive in and discover how to make this delectable treat!
How to Make Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer
Preparing smoked sausage in the air fryer is a breeze. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
Step One: Preheat your air fryer
Set your air fryer to 370 degrees F and let it preheat. This ensures that your sausage cooks evenly and acquires that irresistible smoky flavor.
Step Two: Prepare the sausage
Take your favorite brand of smoked sausage and cut it into 1-1 ½-inch pieces. You should end up with around 4 pieces per sausage.
Step Three: Air fry the sausage
Place your sliced sausages in the air fryer basket and cook them for 5-6 minutes. To ensure even cooking, remember to shake the basket halfway through the cooking process.
Step Four: Serve and enjoy!
Once your sausages are cooked to perfection, serve them fresh out of the air fryer with a side of barbecue sauce for dipping. Trust me, this combination is simply irresistible!
What to Serve With Air Fryer Smoked Sausage
Looking to create a complete appetizer spread? Here are some delightful options to pair with your smoked sausage:
- Air Fryer Hush Puppies
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
These mouthwatering dishes complement the smoky flavors of the sausage beautifully, guaranteeing a memorable party experience.
Variations for Smoked Sausage in the Air Fryer
Want to experiment and add a twist to your smoked sausage appetizer? Here are some creative ideas for you to try:
- Use smoked sausage in a delicious sausage and green bean potato casserole.
- Serve unsliced smoked sausage as a main dish alongside sautéed peppers, onions, and potatoes.
- Wrap the sausage in crescent rolls before air frying for a delightful pigs in a blanket variation.
- Explore an assortment of dipping sauces like ranch, blue cheese, hot mustard, or honey sriracha to accompany your sausage.
- Incorporate sliced smoked sausage into other dishes like nachos, baked beans, or rice.
- Create flavorful air-fried smoked sausage bites by coating the beef sausages in a batter.
Let your creativity flow and discover new taste sensations with these variations!
FAQs- Your Questions Answered
Q: Can I use Johnsonville Beef Smoked Sausages in the air fryer?
Absolutely! Johnsonville and Hillshire are great brands to use in this recipe. However, feel free to use any brand of smoked sausages you prefer.
Q: What is the best way to cook smoked sausage?
Smoked sausage can be cooked in various ways. You can heat them in a frying pan, boil them in a saucepan, grill them, or use your trusty air fryer. Personally, I find the air fryer to be the best and fastest method.
Q: Should I wrap sausages in foil when using the air fryer?
You don’t need to! While you can line your air fryer basket with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup, it is not necessary for this smoked sausage recipe.
Discover More Sausage Recipes
If you’re a fan of sausage dishes, you’ll love these other recipes as well:
- Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Sausage Balls Without Bisquick
- Sausage Patties in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sausage, Gnocchi, and Green Beans
- Air Fryer Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Join our newsletter to stay updated with the latest air frying recipes! You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community. For more incredible recipes and kitchen inspiration, visit Ekilove. Happy air frying!