Last Updated on June 21, 2023 by Shari Mason
Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak is a beloved southern classic that adds a touch of flavor and comfort to any meal. Whether you’re planning a family dinner or a special occasion, this hearty dish is sure to please everyone at the table. Let’s dive into the necessary steps and cooking instructions to create this delicious masterpiece.
The Secret to Perfect Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak
To begin, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a shallow dish. In another dish, beat together eggs and milk. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Dredge the steaks in the flour mixture, dip them in the egg mixture, and back into the flour mixture. Then, place the steaks in the hot oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they turn golden brown and develop a deliciously crispy texture. Drain the steaks on paper towels and serve them hot with your favorite gravy.
How to Know When Your Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak is Done
To ensure your steak is cooked to perfection, you can check its internal temperature. For a medium-rare result, the steak should reach 145°F. For medium, the temperature should reach 160°F, and for well-done, aim for 170°F. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak, avoiding the bone, to get an accurate reading.
Another reliable method is the “finger test.” Gently press the center of the steak with your finger. A rare steak will feel soft and squishy, while a medium steak will feel firmer. A well-done steak will feel very firm. Remember not to overcook the steak, as it can become tough and dry.
Substitutions or Additions for the Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak Recipe
Feel free to experiment and add your personal touch to the classic Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak recipe:
- Meat Substitution: If you prefer, you can use other cuts of beef like round steak or tenderized round steak instead of cube steaks.
- Spices: Adjust the amount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to your liking. You can also explore other herbs and spices, such as thyme, oregano, or cayenne pepper, to enhance the flavors.
- Milk: For a tangier taste, you can substitute milk with buttermilk.
- Breading: Give your chicken fried steak a twist by using Panko breadcrumbs or cornmeal for a unique texture.
- Gravy: Experiment with different types of gravy, such as mushroom, brown, or white, to add extra richness and variety to your dish.
Storing and Reheating Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak
If you have leftovers, it’s best to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To maintain the steak’s freshness and the breading’s crispiness, ensure the steak cools completely before refrigeration.
When reheating, use the oven at 350°F for approximately 10 minutes or the microwave for about 30 seconds. For longer-term storage, tightly wrap the steak in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat frozen steak, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before following the reheating instructions mentioned above.
Remember, the breading may become less crispy after reheating, so it’s best to consume the leftovers as soon as possible.
Tips for Making the Perfect Chicken Fried Steak
Follow these expert tips to elevate your Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak to perfection:
- Use the right cut of meat: Cube steaks, round steaks, or tenderized round steaks are the best choices due to their tenderness and sufficient fat content.
- Properly season the meat: Ensure you generously season the flour mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Feel free to incorporate other herbs and spices to suit your taste.
- Use room temperature ingredients: Allow the eggs and milk to reach room temperature before using them in the recipe. This helps the breading adhere better to the steak.
- Properly bread the steak: Coat the steaks thoroughly with the flour mixture, dip them in the egg mixture, and then coat them again with the flour mixture. Press the flour onto the steak to ensure it’s evenly coated.
- Choose the right oil: Use a neutral-tasting oil with a high smoke point, such as vegetable or canola oil, for frying the steaks.
- Avoid overcrowding the skillet: If necessary, fry the steaks in batches to prevent overcrowding the skillet. This promotes even cooking and prevents steaming.
- Drain the steaks: After frying, place the steaks on a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate to allow excess oil to drain off.
- Keep the steaks warm: If you’re not serving immediately, keep the steaks warm in a low oven (around 200°F) to preserve the crispy breading.
- Make a delicious gravy: Enhance the overall experience by serving your steaks with a savory gravy made from pan drippings, flour, and milk or cream.
The Ekilove Experience
Cooking Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak is a delightful and straightforward process, resulting in a flavorful and juicy dish. Whether you choose to prepare it in the oven or on the stovetop, the result is a perfectly crispy exterior accompanied by a tender and succulent interior.
Remember, Omaha Steaks Chicken Fried Steak is a versatile option suitable for any occasion, guaranteed to impress your family and friends. Give it a try and experience the mouthwatering taste of this classic southern favorite.
Ekilove– A Place to Create Joyful Meals.