Air fryer brats are a game-changer when it comes to quick and delicious meals. Forget about standing over a hot grill – with an air fryer, you can have perfectly cooked brats in no time. Plus, when you top them with peppers and onions, you’ll have a flavorful dinner that will impress your taste buds!
How to Cook Brats in the Air Fryer
Cooking brats in the air fryer is a breeze. Just follow these simple steps:
STEP ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees.
STEP TWO: Place the bratwurst in the air fryer in a single layer. Air fry the brats for about 8-10 minutes, turning them halfway through.
STEP THREE: Once cooked, carefully remove the brats from the air fryer. Place them in a roll, then top them with your desired toppings. It’s time to dig in!
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Brats
To ensure your air fryer brats turn out perfectly every time, here are some helpful tips:
- Place a piece of bread under the air fryer basket to catch any grease that drips, making clean-up easier.
- Check the brats with a meat thermometer and remove them from the air fryer as soon as they reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the rolls in the air fryer for 1 to 2 minutes for a crispy hot sandwich roll.
- Melt cheese on the bratwurst by placing the cheese on the brats and sandwich roll and letting it sit in the hot air fryer for 1-2 minutes (with the air fryer off).
- It’s important to air fry bratwurst in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
What Condiments can You Top Air Fried Brats With?
The possibilities for topping your air fried brats are endless. Here are some mouthwatering suggestions to get you started:
- Sauerkraut and Swiss cheese
- Roasted bell peppers and onions
- Ketchup and mustard
- Relish and diced or sliced onions
- Cheese curds
- Pineapple and BBQ sauce
- Jalapenos and bacon bits (you can even use Air Fryer Bacon to create the bacon bits!)
- Buffalo sauce and blue cheese
- Potato chips and ketchup
How to Reheat Air Fryer Brats
If you have leftovers or want to enjoy your air fryer brats later, here’s a simple reheating method:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the bratwurst in the air fryer with a piece of bread underneath.
- Air fry the bratwurst for 3-5 minutes until warmed thoroughly. Since they are already pre-cooked, they do not need to reach the full internal temperature of 160 degrees.
What To Serve with Air Fryer Brats?
To complete your meal, consider serving your air fryer brats with any of these delicious sides:
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
How Long to Cook Brats in the Air Fryer
When cooking thawed raw bratwurst in the air fryer, it typically takes approximately 8 to 10 minutes to cook. Keep an eye on them to ensure they reach the perfect level of doneness.
How to Cook Frozen Brats in the Fryer
If you have frozen brats on hand, don’t worry! You can still enjoy them in the air fryer. Just follow these steps:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the frozen brats in the air fryer and cook for 13-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through cooking. Make sure they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove the cooked brats from the air fryer and top them with your favorite toppings.
More Air Fryer Sausage Recipes
If you’re looking to expand your air fryer sausage repertoire, here are some more delicious recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Italian Sausages
- Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- Air Fryer Sausage Patties
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Links
- Air Fryer Sausage, Gnocchi, and Green Beans
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you can’t get enough of your air fryer, here are some other easy and tasty recipes to explore:
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer BBQ Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
So, bring out your air fryer and get ready to make some mouthwatering air fryer brats. Whether it’s for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend get-together, these flavorful brats will become a family favorite. Enjoy!