Have you ever wondered if you can cook frozen hash browns in the oven? Well, the answer is a resounding yes! Not only is it possible, but it’s also incredibly simple. Making frozen hash browns in the oven is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with bacon, eggs, pancakes, or omelets.
No Thawing Necessary
The best part about cooking frozen hash browns in the oven is that you don’t need to thaw them beforehand. So, there’s no need to plan ahead. Just pop the patties in the oven, and in about 20 minutes, you’ll have a hot and crispy potato side dish that everyone will love. It’s perfect for breakfast, whether enjoyed in the morning or as a breakfast-for-dinner treat. These sheet pan hash browns also make a tasty snack.
Elevate Your Hash Browns
If you want to take your crisp potato patties to the next level, there are a few ways to do so. Season them with salt and pepper or garlic powder for the perfect hash browns. You can also top them with shredded cheese for an extra tasty treat. The possibilities are endless, and you can easily customize your hash browns to suit your taste.
Why Make This Recipe
- The Perfect Breakfast Side Dish: Hash browns are a versatile side dish that pairs well with eggs, bacon or sausage, and pancakes. They make a delicious addition to any breakfast meal.
- They’re Fast: With a higher oven temperature, you can have your frozen hash browns ready in just about 20 minutes.
- No Advanced Planning: From freezer to oven to table, there’s no need for any advanced preparation. It’s a hassle-free way to enjoy delicious hash browns.
How To Cook Frozen Hash Browns In Oven
Ready to make oven-baked frozen hash brown patties? Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200 degrees C.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place the hash browns in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Flip them halfway through the cooking time to ensure they become crispy and golden brown.
- To achieve extra crispy hash browns, consider placing them on an oven-proof baking rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Spraying the frozen hash browns with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray will help them brown and become crispy.
- It’s important to place the hash brown patties in a single even layer on the baking tray for even cooking.
- Remember to flip the hash brown patties halfway through the cooking time for best results.
- Don’t forget to season your hash browns with salt or your favorite seasoning blend before serving.
Prep and Storage
There’s no need for any advanced prep when it comes to making frozen hash browns in the oven. Simply cook them until they’re hot and crispy. If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat them in a 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C oven. However, refreezing cooked hash browns is not recommended.
Want to mix things up a bit? Here are some delicious variations you can try:
- Season Them: Add your favorite blend of herbs and spices like salt, pepper, and garlic powder to give your hash browns a burst of flavor.
- Top Them: Get creative and top your hash browns with sautéed onions and peppers or shredded cheese for an extra delicious treat. They pair perfectly with easy-cooked frozen meatballs too!
More Recipes You May Like
If you’re a fan of frozen foods, be sure to check out these recipes:
- Frozen Hash Browns in Air Fryer.
- How To Cook Frozen Hash Browns.
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli.
- How To Cook Frozen Carrots.
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes.
Looking for more delicious dishes to enjoy alongside your hash browns? Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Air Fryer Frozen Pancakes.
- Easy Air Fryer Sausages.
- Easy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole.
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole.
To make your frozen hash browns in the oven, here are a couple of tools that come in handy:
- An awesome baking sheet.
- Silicon utensils for easy turning.
Weight Watchers Points
For those following the Weight Watchers program, there are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this delicious dish.
Thank you for reading my frozen hash browns in the oven recipe post. If you enjoyed it, be sure to come back for more affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes, and much more. And remember, for all your cooking needs, visit Ekilove, your go-to source for delicious recipes and culinary inspiration.