Crispy yet juicy, the air fryer frog legs are a delightful dish that can be easily prepared with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe eliminates the need for oil or breading, opting instead for a tantalizing combination of softened butter and vibrant Cajun seasonings. The outcome? A healthier and boldly flavorful dish that can be enjoyed any night of the week!
Frog legs are a globally beloved lean protein, famous for their versatility. Whether served as a delicacy or in a rustic dish, they are a nutritious meat packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
This air fryer frog legs recipe guarantees juicy, tender legs every time! By soaking the frog legs in milk for an hour, they become irresistibly crispy on the outside while remaining juicy on the inside.
To prepare, coat the legs in a simple blend of butter and Cajun seasonings, then air fry for less than 15 minutes. Voila! A perfect recipe for an effortless weeknight or weekend meal.
What sets these air fried frog legs apart is their unbelievable flavor and crunchiness, all achieved without the need for breading or additional cooking oil. This makes them a healthier alternative to deep-fried or oven-baked legs.
Serve these delectable crisp legs as an appetizer, snack, or main dish, accompanied by your favorite dipping sauces and sides. Whichever way you choose to enjoy them, they are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
How to Make Air Fryer Frog Legs
- Prepare fresh or thawed frog legs. If frozen, defrost them in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter for a few hours. Pat them dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- Mix softened butter with spices, such as garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the frog legs and place them in your air fryer. Cooking directions can be found in the recipe card below.
- Ensure you cook the frog legs until they are tender, juicy, and buttery. Avoid overcooking, as this may lead to dry and chewy legs.
- Frog legs: Fresh or thawed, cleaned and ready to cook.
- Milk: Whole or 2% milk of your choice. Soak the frog legs in milk to draw out impurities and tenderize the meat. Discard the milk after soaking.
- Butter: Unsalted butter works best. Make sure to soften it before cooking.
- Salt and pepper: Classic cooking spices.
- Garlic powder: Alternatively, you can use fresh minced garlic cloves.
- Cajun seasoning: A spicy blend that typically includes paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and oregano.
What Do They Taste Like?
The taste of frog legs falls somewhere between chicken and a firm white fish such as cod or catfish. They have a mildly pleasant flavor, complemented perfectly by bold spices. The combination of Cajun seasoning and butter gives these air fryer frog legs a deliciously rich and savory taste.
Where Can I Buy Frog Legs?
You can purchase frozen frog legs from your local specialty grocery store or an online seafood market. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before cooking. Learning how to cook frog legs in an air fryer is a breeze!
Frequently Asked Questions
I usually serve frog legs as an appetizer, pairing them with chopped veggies like cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes. If you want to make a main dish out of the frog legs, try serving them with rice, roasted potatoes, or any other vegetables. Corn on the cob or zucchinis would also make great accompaniments.
Store the air fryer frog legs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. It is not recommended to store them any longer. Reheat in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air fryer scrapple
- Air fryer liver
- Air fryer carne asada
- Air fryer crab sticks
- Air fryer frozen sausage
- Air fryer frozen tilapia
- Air fryer BBQ chicken thighs
- Air fryer chicken hearts
- Air fryer grouper
Hope you enjoy this air fryer frog legs recipe as much as we did. Please rate the recipe if you try it and leave a comment below for any questions, suggestions, or just a friendly chat!