If you’ve ever wondered how to cook Costco’s lobster tails, this guide will walk you through three delicious methods: in the oven, on the grill, and in an air fryer. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or simply treating yourself, these lobster tails will be perfectly cooked with tender, succulent meat. Let’s dive in and discover the secrets to preparing this exquisite seafood delicacy.
How Much Do Lobster Tails Cost at Costco?
At Costco, you can find lobster tails priced at $40 per pound. Specifically, look for the “Northwest Fish 4-5 oz Cold Water Lobster Tails, 30-count, 10 lbs.” This frozen and uncooked product contains 30 lobster tails and costs approximately $399.99 in total. Costco’s lobster tails are available in both the U.S.A. and Canada, with the option to conveniently order them from Costco’s website.
Where Does Costco’s Lobster Come From?
Costco’s lobsters are sourced from the rich, cold coastal waters of Canada and Maine. These regions are known for their abundant, high-quality seafood. The lobsters harvested from these areas are renowned for their large size, freshness, and subtle sweetness. When you choose Costco’s lobster tails, you can be confident that you’re selecting some of the best on the market.
How to Prepare Costco’s Lobster Tails Before Cooking
Before cooking, it’s essential to prepare the lobster tails properly. Start by using kitchen scissors to make a cut from the top to the bottom of each tail, stopping about ¼ inch before the tail ends. With your finger, gently open the shell, being careful not to break it.
Next, clean the lobster as needed. Then, pull the shell at the sides of the lobster apart, revealing the exquisite lobster meat. Take care not to break the shell as you do this, ensuring the meat remains intact.
How to Make Sauce For Costco’s Lobster Tails
When it comes to sauces for lobster tails, simplicity is often the key. One of the best options is a butter and lemon sauce.
To make this delectable sauce, heat a skillet over medium heat and melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Add a touch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, lemon juice, and parsley to the skillet. Cook this delightful mixture for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Your butter lemon sauce will be ready to enhance the flavors of the lobster tails.
How to Boil Costco’s Lobster Tails
Boiling is a classic cooking method that ensures tender and juicy lobster meat. Follow these steps to boil your Costco lobster tails:
- In a deep saucepan, bring 8 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil.
- Prepare the lobster tails according to the instructions provided earlier.
- Carefully place the lobster tails in the boiling water and boil them for 1 minute per ounce of tail. For 4-ounce tails, boil for 4 minutes.
- Serve the lobster with butter lemon sauce and complement it with your favorite side dishes.
How to Cook Costco’s Lobster Tails in the Oven
The oven method is an excellent choice for cooking lobster tails when you want a hassle-free and delicious result. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the lobster tails in a deep baking dish.
- Brush the lobster tails with butter and lemon sauce, pouring the rest of the sauce over them. If desired, add some lemon slices for an extra burst of flavor.
- Bake the lobster tails for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, ensuring that the internal temperature is between 140°F and 160°F.
- Serve immediately and savor every bite of this mouthwatering delicacy.
How to Cook Costco’s Lobster Tails on the Grill
Grilling lobster tails imparts a smoky flavor that perfectly complements the natural sweetness of the meat. Follow these simple steps to achieve grilled perfection:
- Place the lobster tails on a hot grill with the shell side facing up and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the tails, so the shell side is facing down, and brush them with the butter lemon sauce.
- Grill for an additional 3 minutes, keeping a close eye on them.
- Repeat the process, brushing the tails with sauce every 2 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Remove the lobster tails from the grill, serve them with melted butter and lemon wedges, and prepare yourself for a feast to remember.
How to Cook Costco’s Lobster Tails in the Air Fryer
For those looking for a quick and convenient cooking method that still delivers a delightful texture and flavor, the air fryer is an excellent choice. Here’s how you can cook Costco’s lobster tails in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for approximately 3 minutes.
- Place the lobster tails in the air fryer basket and drizzle 1 tablespoon of butter lemon sauce over the lobster meat.
- Close the air fryer basket and cook the lobster tails for 8 minutes or until the lobster meat is no longer translucent and reaches an internal temperature of 140°F.
- While cooking, remember to drizzle the lobster tails with the butter sauce every 2 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Once done, serve your perfectly cooked lobster tails and relish in their irresistible taste.
What to Serve With Costco’s Lobster Tails
To complete your culinary experience, pair Costco’s lobster tails with dipping sauces such as the butter lemon sauce mentioned earlier. Alternatively, you can serve them with popular accompaniments like mayonnaise, ketchup, or BBQ sauce. If you have some extra time and want to impress your guests, consider making homemade garlic mashed potatoes or a fresh tomato salad.
Here is a list of some of the best side dishes to enjoy alongside Costco’s lobster tails:
- Green Bean Casserole
- Lentil Soup
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Brussel Sprouts
- Ina Garten’s Scalloped Potatoes
- Potato Leek Soup
- Cranberry Sauce
- Ina Garten’s Beef Bourguignon
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Now that you know the secrets to cooking Costco’s lobster tails, it’s time to gather your ingredients, unleash your culinary skills, and indulge in an unforgettable seafood feast. Enjoy every delicious bite!