If you’re searching for a quick and tasty dinner idea for those busy weeknights, look no further. This air fryer chicken sausage recipe will become your new go-to. Not only are these sausages juicy and flavorful, but they also offer a healthier twist with the use of minimal oil. Get ready to indulge in a guilt-free and crispy dish that will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients You Will Need for the Air Fryer Sausages
To create the best chicken sausages, gather the following ingredients:
- Chicken sausages
- Avocado oil spray or olive oil cooking spray
- Optional: Your favorite seasonings (such as garlic powder, paprika, or dried herbs) for added flavor
The Process for Cooking Chicken Sausages
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to cooking chicken sausages in the air fryer:
Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190°C) for a few minutes. This ensures a hot cooking environment, resulting in a crispy exterior and juicy interior.
Prepare the Chicken Sausages:
- Start by selecting your preferred chicken sausage flavor. Options include Italian, spicy, apple maple, or sun-dried tomato.
- Prick the sausages with a fork a few times to allow any excess moisture to escape during cooking. This helps prevent them from bursting.
Season and Spray with Oil:
- Lightly spray the sausages with olive oil or your preferred cooking oil. This will help them achieve a crispy texture and prevent them from sticking to the air fryer basket.
Cook in the Air Fryer:
- Place the seasoned and oiled chicken sausages in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to ensure even cooking.
- Air fry chicken sausages for approximately 12-16 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the sausages, as well as the specific air fryer model.
- Halfway through the cooking process, flip the sausages using tongs to ensure even browning on all sides.
Check for Doneness:
- After the cooking time is complete, check the internal temperature of the chicken sausages using a meat thermometer. They should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the chicken sausages are cooked to perfection, carefully remove them from the air fryer basket.
- Serve the crispy chicken sausages on a plate or in a bun, alongside your favorite accompaniments like mustard, sautéed onions, or a side salad.
- Enjoy the delightful combination of juicy, flavorful chicken sausage with a crispy exterior, knowing that it has been cooked with less oil and a healthier cooking method.
Tips and Tricks
To elevate your air fryer chicken sausage experience, keep these tips in mind:
- Check the cooking instructions provided on the packaging of your specific chicken sausages, as they may have unique recommendations.
- Opt for sausages made with quality ingredients and minimal additives. This will enhance the flavor and overall enjoyment of your dish.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket to allow proper air circulation and ensure even cooking.
- Flip the sausages halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning and crispy skin. Use tongs to turn them gently.
- Adjust the cooking time as needed based on the size, thickness, and specific settings of your air fryer.
If you have any leftovers, make sure to cool them down before storing them in the refrigerator or freezer. Follow the storage instructions mentioned earlier in this article to maintain their quality and safety.
How to Store the Leftover Sausages
Follow these steps to store your cooked sausages:
Cool the Sausages:
- Allow the cooked sausages to cool down to room temperature before storing them. This helps prevent condensation, which can lead to sogginess.
- Transfer the leftover chicken sausages to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- Label the container or bag with the date to keep track of freshness.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- The sausages can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
Can You Reheat Leftover Sausages?
Absolutely! Leftover sausages can be easily reheated. You can reheat them in a skillet over medium heat or in the microwave using short bursts of heat, turning them occasionally to ensure even heating. Make sure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for food safety.
Can I Use the Sausage in Other Recipes?
Certainly! Leftover sausages can be a versatile addition to various recipes. Chop them up and add them to pasta dishes, stir-fries, omelets, or use them as a topping for pizzas or salads. Get creative and enjoy them in different culinary creations.
You can also pair the sausages with side dishes such as green beans, broccoli florets, sweet potatoes, or other seasoned veggies.
Can I Use Other Types of Sausage or Turkey Sausages Instead?
Absolutely! You can substitute turkey sausages for chicken sausages in this recipe and follow the same cooking and storage instructions. Turkey sausages offer a leaner alternative while still providing delicious flavor. Whether you prefer the taste or have dietary preferences, using turkey sausages is a great option. Just remember to adjust the cooking time as needed, as turkey sausages may require slightly longer or shorter cooking times compared to chicken sausages. Enjoy your delightful meal with a vanilla iced coffee!
If you’re looking for more mouthwatering recipes, visit Ekilove for a wide array of delectable dishes and cooking inspiration.
If you tried this air fryer chicken sausage recipe, please leave a comment and star rating. We look forward to seeing your creations! You can also pin this recipe on Pinterest or share it on Instagram by tagging @ekilove and using the hashtag #ekilovereceipes.