If you’ve ever found yourself wondering how to cook frozen chicken in a crock pot, look no further. This recipe will show you how to make perfectly cooked chicken with just a few ingredients and a simple cooking process. Say goodbye to the hassle of thawing chicken and hello to a convenient and delicious meal!
The Best Frozen Chicken In Crock Pot
As a busy person, I know how precious time can be. Running to the store for fresh chicken every night is simply not feasible. That’s why cooking frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot has become my go-to solution. It’s effortless and guarantees perfectly cooked chicken every single time!
I swear by this simple recipe and I’m confident it will become a favorite for you too. Whether you’re a busy parent like me or just looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, this frozen chicken recipe is a game-changer.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: Put everything in the crockpot and let it do its magic. It’s really that simple!
- Versatile: Shredded chicken goes well with practically anything, so you can easily switch up your meals.
- Convenient: Throw the frozen chicken in the crock pot in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner.
- Foolproof: No more worries about overcooking frozen chicken. The crock pot takes care of everything for you.
Here’s everything you’ll need for this simple and delicious frozen chicken recipe:
- 2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
By the way, if you’re looking for recipe ideas to make with your shredded chicken, check out the BBQ chicken sliders and chicken hashbrown casserole.
How To Make Frozen Chicken In The Crock Pot
Prep work: Place the frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with butter, salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Cook the chicken: Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on high heat for 4-6 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
Shred and serve: Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Serve as desired and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Swap the poultry seasoning: Experiment with different seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, or cayenne pepper for added flavor.
- Use other cuts of chicken: Chicken thighs work well in this recipe too!
- Ensure chicken is fully cooked: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165°F at the center.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Chicken
Here are some delicious options to accompany your crock pot chicken:
- Potatoes: Pair the chicken with cheesy mashed potatoes or pan-fried potatoes for a hearty meal.
- Salad: Serve it with a refreshing southwest salad or La scala chopped salad for a lighter option.
- Vegetables: For a healthy meal, try it with roasted vegetables, crack green beans, or Chipotle fajita veggies.
- Rice: Create rice bowls with turmeric rice or Chipotle cilantro lime rice.
How To Store Shredded Chicken
- In the fridge: Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Please note that once fully cooked, you cannot refreeze it.
- Reheating: Add the chicken to a skillet with a splash of water or chicken broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until fully reheated.
FAQs About This Crock Pot Frozen Chicken Recipe
Can you put frozen chicken in the crock pot?
Absolutely! You can easily cook frozen chicken in the crockpot, making it a convenient and foolproof method.
Does frozen chicken need to be thawed before cooking?
No, there’s no need to thaw frozen chicken before cooking. Just ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
How long to cook frozen chicken in crock pot?
Cook frozen raw chicken in the crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
How to cook frozen chicken and rice in crock pot?
Follow the recipe above to cook the frozen chicken in the crockpot. Then, add rice and sufficient water or chicken broth to cover it. Cook for an additional 30 minutes to an hour, or until the rice is done.
How do you defrost chicken quickly?
The fastest way to defrost frozen chicken is to transfer it to a Ziplock bag and submerge it in a bowl of cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes until the chicken is defrosted.
More Crock Pot Recipes
If you’re loving the convenience of crock pot cooking, be sure to check out these additional recipes:
- Crock Pot taco casserole
- Crock Pot chicken casserole
- Crock Pot cheesy potatoes
- Crock Pot salsa chicken
- Crock Pot Olive Garden chicken pasta
- Crock Pot Buffalo chicken dip
Remember, with a crock pot and a few simple ingredients, you can create delicious and hassle-free meals that will make your busy life a little bit easier and a whole lot tastier!