Enjoy a scrumptious, high-protein meal in just 15 minutes with this delightful Air Fryer Kielbasa and Veggies recipe. Tender baby potatoes, crisp green beans, and savory smoked sausage are perfectly seasoned and air-fried to perfection, creating a satisfying lunch or dinner option that will leave your taste buds begging for more!
A Delicious and Easy Air Fryer Recipe
My fridge is always stocked with kielbasa, a versatile and pre-cooked ingredient that adds a burst of flavor to any dish. Lately, I’ve also been keeping green beans and baby potatoes on hand. Combining these three ingredients with a few seasonings creates a simple yet incredibly tasty meal.
Inspired by my popular kielbasa and vegetable foil packets, which are perfect for camping, I decided to adapt the recipe for a quick and easy lunch at home. By ditching the foil, cutting the recipe in half, and using the air fryer, I discovered a game-changing way to prepare this delicious dish.
Now, the Air Fryer Kielbasa and Veggies recipe has become a regular favorite in our household. It’s a quick and convenient option that can be prepared in just 15 minutes.
Why We Love This Air Fryer Meal
- Quick and easy: This kielbasa and veggie recipe is practically effortless. Simply slice the sausage and veggies, toss them with seasonings and olive oil, and let the air fryer do the rest. In no time, you’ll have a satisfying meal.
- Affordable: All the ingredients required for this recipe are readily available at any local grocery store and won’t break the bank.
- Healthy: This dish is gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with protein.
- Hearty and filling: With sausage and two different vegetables, it’s a complete and satisfying meal in a single dish.
- Delicious: The combination of smoked kielbasa, vegetables, Italian seasonings, and rich olive oil creates a mouthwatering flavor profile that will keep you coming back for more.
To create this flavorful dish, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Kielbasa Smoked Sausage: This already smoked and cooked sausage brings incredible flavor to the dish. If you prefer some spiciness, you can use Andouille sausage instead.
- Potatoes: Baby yellow or red potatoes work best for this recipe. They are creamy, have a delicate skin, and don’t require peeling.
- Green Beans: Fresh and nutritious, green beans add an earthy flavor to the dish.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and fresh chopped parsley are the key ingredients that bring all the flavors together.
- Olive Oil: Adds richness and necessary moisture to the dish.
How to Make Kielbasa and Veggies in the Air Fryer
Preparing this meal is incredibly easy and can be done in just a few simple steps:
- Prep the kielbasa and vegetables: Slice the kielbasa into 3/4-inch thick coins, cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces, and the green beans into 2-inch pieces.
- Toss with seasonings: Place the cut-up kielbasa and veggies in a bowl. Toss them with olive oil and seasonings until well coated.
- Add ingredients to the air fryer basket: Transfer the mixture to the air fryer basket, which has been spritzed with nonstick spray. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer, cut side down.
- Air fry: Cook at 400°F for 5 minutes, give everything a shake, and air fry for another 4 to 5 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender and the kielbasa is slightly charred. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, toss it all together, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tips to make this recipe even more delicious:
- Cut the potatoes small: To ensure the potatoes cook evenly, it’s important to cut them into small pieces. Baby potatoes are a good option as they are already small, but make sure the pieces are no larger than 1 inch.
- Arrange the potatoes flat: When placing the potatoes in the air fryer basket, lay them flat with the cut side down. This will allow them to develop a beautiful golden color.
- Avoid overcrowding: This recipe was tested in a 5.8-quart air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in two batches to avoid overcrowding. Overcrowding can prevent the potatoes from cooking thoroughly and hinder the crispy texture.
- Add mushrooms: For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding whole or halved Cremini mushrooms to the dish. They will add a savory element to the recipe.
- Try a different vegetable: If you’re not a fan of green beans, you can replace them with chunks of red bell pepper for a vibrant alternative.
Meal Prep and Storing Leftovers
To make meal prep and storage easier, keep the following tips in mind:
- Meal Prep: You can cut up the vegetables and slice the kielbasa a day in advance. Store them in airtight containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to air-fry.
- Storing Leftovers: If you have any leftovers, transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or air fryer until warmed through.
Enjoy this delicious and easy recipe, and be sure to leave a review below! For more fantastic recipes, visit Ekilove. And don’t forget to follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for more culinary inspiration!