Ham steaks cooked in the air fryer are the ideal choice for breakfast, lunch, or a speedy dinner. With a delectable mustard and brown sugar glaze, these ham steaks can be paired with various side dishes. Whether you’re looking for a low-key Easter or Thanksgiving meal or simply want to enjoy the festive flavors of a holiday ham without the hassle, air fryer ham steaks are a fantastic option.
The Best Air Fryer Ham Steak Recipe
- Ham steaks are readily available and pre-cut, making them convenient to reheat.
- Air frying is a quick and elegant cooking method suitable for any day of the week or holiday meals.
- Juicy and tender results can be achieved with both bone-in and boneless ham steaks.
- A few simple ingredients are all you need to create a delicious glaze for this tasty air fryer meal.
Ingredients & Variations
- Ham Steaks: Fresh or frozen, ham steaks can be easily seasoned and cooked in the air fryer. For frozen steaks, just add a few extra minutes to the cooking time while keeping the glaze recipe the same. Leftover ham slices from holiday feasts can also be used. Simply season or glaze, reheat, and serve.
- Glaze: To create a caramelized glaze, use brown sugar, honey, dijon mustard, and a dash of apple cider vinegar. If you prefer, maple syrup can be used instead of honey for a balanced sweetness. You can also experiment with other acidic complements such as stone-ground, spicy brown, whole grain, or hot mustard. Feel free to add your favorite seasonings to create a unique and signature dish.
How to Cook a Ham Steak in the Air Fryer
Follow these simple steps to prepare sweet and flavorful ham steaks in the air fryer:
- In a small bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients.
- Brush the glaze over the ham steaks.
- Bake the ham steaks in the air fryer basket in a single layer, following the recipe’s instructions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
What to Serve with Ham Steak
There are numerous delicious side dishes that pair perfectly with air fryer ham steaks. Let your air fryer take on double-duty with these easy-to-prep, cook, and clean up sides. Keep the ham steaks wrapped in foil to keep them warm while preparing the sides. Here are a few suggestions:
- Air fryer scalloped potatoes
- Easy air fryer radishes
- Air fryer bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts
Leftover ham steaks are also versatile and can be used in air fryer egg bites, breakfast sandwiches, or air fryer ham, egg & cheese hot pockets.
Air Fryer Tips
To ensure the best results when cooking with an air fryer, keep these tips in mind:
- Always preheat the air fryer before cooking any recipe. Preheating allows the burst of hot air to circulate around the food, sealing in the juicy flavors.
- Choose ham steaks of equal size to ensure they cook at the same rate. Check for doneness halfway through the cooking process and brush on additional sauce or glaze, if desired.
- Leave a little space between the ham steaks in the air fryer basket to allow air to circulate around each piece.
More Ham Recipes in the Air Fryer
If you can’t get enough of ham in the air fryer, here are some additional recipes you might enjoy:
For more mouth-watering recipes, cooking tips, and inspiration, visit Ekilove. Air fryer ham steaks are a quick, flavorful, and hassle-free protein option that can be enjoyed any time of the day!