Looking for a simple and convenient way to cook frozen lumpia? Look no further than your air fryer or Ninja Foodi! In just 15 minutes or less, you can have perfectly cooked Air Fryer Frozen Lumpia that will satisfy your cravings every time.
Lumpia, a Filipino spring roll filled with chicken, pork, shrimp, and vegetables, is a delicious and popular dish. Traditionally deep-fried until crispy, you can now achieve the same result using your air fryer. Whether you can’t find fresh lumpia or prefer the convenience of frozen, this recipe is for you.
Why Make Frozen Lumpia In The Air Fryer?
- Enjoy lumpia anytime: By using frozen lumpia, you can satisfy your craving whenever you want, knowing that it will be cooked perfectly.
- Perfect texture: The dry hot air of the air fryer ensures that the lumpia is crispy on the outside while remaining warm and tender on the inside.
- Quick cooking time: Depending on the size, frozen lumpia can be cooked in the air fryer in just 15 minutes or less, saving you time in the kitchen.
- Keep it cool: No need to turn on the oven! Use your air fryer and save on electricity while keeping your kitchen cool.
What You’ll Need
- Frozen Lumpia: Look for popular brands like Maria’s, Shanghai, Spring Home, or Oleda’s in the frozen section of your international grocery store.
- Air Fryer: Any air fryer will work, but we recommend the versatile Ninja Foodi, which can also be used for slow cooking and pressure cooking.
- Cooking Oil Spray (optional): For an extra crispy texture, you can use cooking oil spray.
How To Make Frozen Lumpia In Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer: Turn on your air fryer and set the temperature to 375F. Allow it to preheat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add your frozen lumpia: Place the frozen lumpia in a single layer at the bottom of the air fryer basket. For extra crispiness, spray lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Air fry the frozen lumpia: Set the timer for 15 minutes. At the 8-minute mark, use tongs to flip over the lumpia. Cook for an additional 7-8 minutes or until the lumpia is cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Remove and serve: Use tongs to remove the cooked lumpia from the air fryer and serve hot with your favorite lumpia sauce.
Lumpia Dipping Sauce
The best way to enjoy lumpia is with a delicious dipping sauce. Our favorite is a mix of soy sauce, white vinegar, and garlic. However, you can also try sweet and sour sauce, chili garlic sauce, ketchup, or any other dipping sauce that suits your taste.
Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Preheating: While some recipes don’t require preheating, it is essential for frozen foods. Preheating ensures that the lumpia defrosts properly and cooks evenly.
- Avoid overlapping: For the best results, cook frozen lumpia in a single layer without overlapping. This prevents steaming, which can lead to a soggy texture.
- Adjusting time and temperature: The suggested time and temperature are starting points. The cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer and the size of your lumpia. Always use a kitchen thermometer to ensure the food is cooked through and safe to eat.
Storing and Reheating
- Storing: Air-fried lumpia is best served immediately. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- Reheating: To reheat, simply place the leftover lumpia back in the air fryer at 375F for a few minutes until warmed through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
For more delicious frozen treats, try these Air Fryer Frozen Foods:
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak
For more exciting recipes and cooking tips, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!