If you’re looking to impress your spouse with delicious drumsticks, you might be wondering, “How long do I bake drumsticks at 400 degrees?” Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to achieve perfectly cooked drumsticks every time.
The Perfect Bake: Drumsticks at 400 Degrees
When baking drumsticks in an oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the cooking time typically ranges from 35 to 40 minutes. However, keep in mind that baking times may vary slightly depending on your oven and the size of the drumsticks. To ensure your drumsticks are cooked to perfection, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, which should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Baking Frozen Drumsticks at 400 Degrees
If you’re starting with frozen drumsticks, the baking time increases to approximately 55 to 60 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. To avoid overcooking, it’s recommended to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer in the last few minutes of baking.
The Ideal Temperature for Baked Drumsticks
To ensure that your drumsticks are fully cooked, aim for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a food thermometer to measure the temperature by inserting it into the thickest part of the drumstick.
How to Bake Drumsticks at 400 Degrees
Now that we’ve covered the cooking times and temperatures, let’s dive into the steps to bake your drumsticks to perfection:
- In a food processor, combine fresh parsley leaves, green onions, dried oregano, garlic cloves, olive oil, red vinegar, fresh lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Pulse the ingredients until roughly chopped.
- Transfer a quarter cup of the herb mixture to a separate bowl and add a couple of pinches of salt. Refrigerate this mixture.
- Season the remaining herb mixture with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a gallon-sized resealable bag and pour 3/4 cup of the herb mixture on top. Seal the bag, removing any excess air, and massage the marinade into the drumsticks.
- Marinate the drumsticks in the refrigerator for at least one hour, but ideally up to twenty-four hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and adjust the rack to one rung away from the center.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a rim by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- After marinating, place the drumsticks on the baking sheet and roast them in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Flip the drumsticks over and continue roasting for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For a crispier skin, broil the drumsticks for the last few minutes. If they brown too quickly, you can tent them with foil.
- Optional: Brush the drumsticks with the remaining 1/4 cup of the herb mixture for an additional layer of flavor.
Wondering what to serve alongside your baked drumsticks? Here are some delicious options:
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Potato salad without mayo
- Air fryer baked potatoes
- Orzo salad
- Instant Pot wild rice pilaf
- Turkey salad
- Southern cornbread dressing
- Million Dollar Dip
- Corn salad with avocado, tomato, and lime
- Green bean casserole with cream of chicken
- Roasted green beans with shallot
- Lemon garlic roasted Brussels sprouts
- Scalloped potatoes and ham
Storing and Reheating Leftover Drumsticks
If you have leftovers, follow these tips for storing and reheating:
- Allow the drumsticks to cool to room temperature before storing them in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. They can be kept for about 3 to 4 days.
- To freeze baked drumsticks, place them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat in the oven, preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the drumsticks in a baking dish with chicken stock or water. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To reheat in the microwave, place the drumsticks in a microwave-safe dish or bowl. Cover with a lid and microwave at one-minute intervals until the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
With this ultimate guide, you’re now equipped to bake drumsticks at 400 degrees like a pro. Enjoy the juicy and flavorful results! For more delicious recipes and cooking tips, visit Ekilove.
- Calories: 475
- Total Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 328mg
- Sodium: 253mg
- Potassium: 681mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 62g
- Vitamin A: 3.5%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 2.4%
- Iron: 16%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source