Are you looking for a simple and delicious recipe to make chicken breasts? Look no further! In this article, we will show you how to use your slow cooker to make mouthwatering crockpot chicken breasts that are perfect for easy weeknight dinners or meal prepping. With just a handful of ingredients, you can create a base for a variety of meals. Let’s dive in!
What’s in Crockpot Chicken?
This crockpot chicken breast recipe requires minimal ingredients and delivers maximum flavor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken: Opt for boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: Coat the chicken with olive oil to help the spices adhere while cooking.
- Chicken Broth: It adds extra flavor and juiciness to your slow-cooked chicken.
- Herbs & Spices: Use a combination of onion and garlic powder, dried thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper for a simple yet flavorful taste.
Pro Tip: Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique flavors. Ranch seasoning or taco seasoning can be great alternatives for a quick flavor swap.
Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken?
While this recipe is tailored for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can easily adapt it for boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The ingredients and instructions remain the same. If you prefer bone-in or skin-on chicken, remember to adjust the cooking times accordingly. Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F before consuming.
How to Store and Reheat
If you have any leftovers, store the Crockpot chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate it for 4-5 days. When it’s time to enjoy it again, you have two options for reheating:
- Stovetop: Reheat the chicken in a pan set over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Microwave: Alternatively, you can use the microwave. Heat the chicken in 30-second increments until it reaches the desired temperature.
How to Freeze
To freeze your cooked chicken breasts, allow them to cool after removing them from the Crockpot. Then, store them in freezer-safe, resealable bags or containers for up to 3 months. For additional protection from freezer burn, wrap the chicken pieces in foil or plastic wrap. Remember to defrost the chicken overnight in the fridge before reheating and consuming.
One of the best things about this slow cooker chicken breast recipe is its versatility. It can be the star of any healthy and tasty main dish for dinner or lunch and pairs well with various side dishes. Here are a few serving suggestions to get you started:
- Mashed potatoes
- Creamed green beans
- Cucumber salad
- Hawaiian rolls
Don’t forget that the leftovers can be transformed into other delicious meals like pulled chicken sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, or chicken fajitas. The possibilities are truly endless with this amazing chicken breast recipe!
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes We Love
If you enjoy cooking chicken in your slow cooker, here are a few more recipes to check out:
- Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip
More Ways to Cook Chicken
If you’re not a fan of slow cookers or want to explore different cooking methods, here are some other simple ways to prepare chicken in bulk:
- Seasoned Chicken Breast
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Oven Baked Chicken
So, grab your slow cooker and get ready to make succulent crockpot chicken breasts. For more delicious recipes and cooking inspiration, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!