Are you looking for a simple, yet delicious way to cook chicken on a smoker? Look no further! With our smoked chicken tenders recipe, you’ll discover three amazing ways to season these tender delights. Let the smoker work its magic and elevate the flavor of your chicken to new heights.
Smoked Chicken Tenders
All types of chicken can be made on the smoker – breasts, legs, wings, thighs, and even whole chickens. However, there’s something special about chicken tenders. They cook quickly, remain juicy, and are perfect for wrapping in bacon.
Three Favorite Ways to Season
When it comes to seasoning chicken tenders, the possibilities are endless. However, we have three tried and true favorites.
Strawberry’s BBQ Seasoning: This beloved seasoning has been a staple in our kitchen for a long time. It might be a bit hard to find in stores, but you can easily purchase it online. Trust us, it’s worth the effort.
Brown Sugar Garlic Rub: You can never go wrong with the classic combination of brown sugar and garlic. This simple yet delicious rub is a crowd favorite. The ingredients are readily available, making it a convenient choice for seasoning your chicken tenders.
The “Braxton” Rub: Originally created for beef tenderloin, this homemade rub works wonders on chicken as well. The photos and recipe in this article feature this delectable spice rub.
Regardless of the seasoning you choose, the cooking temperature and time will remain the same.
Smoking at its Finest
To achieve the perfect tenderness and flavor, follow these simple steps:
Preheat the smoker to 225°F (107°C).
Prepare the spice blend of your choice. (You can find the three recipes in the guide below for reference.)
- Place the uncooked chicken tenderloins in a single layer on a large dish. A 2lb. package of tenderloins should be sufficient for a family of four. If you have any leftovers, they can be used in a delicious salad the next day.
- Season the chicken before, after, or both. The amount of seasoning will depend on your preference.
- Wrap each chicken tender with bacon. Feel free to use one full piece of bacon or cut it in half if you prefer a smaller portion. Secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
- Smoke at 225°F (107°C) for approximately one hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Place the tenders on the smoker racks, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- Serve your perfectly smoked chicken tenders and enjoy the mouthwatering flavors!
Dipping Sauces for Chicken
While our smoked chicken tenders are bursting with flavor on their own, the addition of a dipping sauce can take them to the next level. Here are some delightful options:
- Honey mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Chick-fil-A sauce
Smoked recipes are cherished in our kitchen because they allow us to “set it” and almost forget about it. While the smoker works its magic, we can focus on preparing delicious side dishes and desserts. Once you experience the joy of smoking meats, you’ll understand the allure!
More Cook “Out” Recipes
Who says you have to cook outdoors to enjoy the same vibe? Our baked pork steaks are a winner, even if you don’t have a grill. However, if you’re in the mood for a true outdoor feast, here are some of our favorite grill recipes:
- Chipotle Ribs
- Grilled Tenderloin
- Grilled Deer Steaks
Side Dishes for Chicken
With a main dish as easy and delightful as our smoked chicken tenders, it’s best to keep the side dishes just as simple. Here are a few of our favorites to complement this recipe:
- [Insert Side Dish Ideas Here]
Did you try this recipe? We’d love to see your culinary creations! Snap a pic and share it on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter with the hashtag #Fantabulosity.
Remember, for more fantastic recipes and inspiration, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!