Today, I’m excited to share with you a foolproof recipe for making the perfect baked potatoes in the oven. Whether you’re serving them as a side dish or as a main course, these potatoes are guaranteed to be a hit. And the best part? They only take 45 minutes to cook!
What Makes a Convection Oven Special?
You may already own a convection oven without even realizing it. Take a quick look at your oven and see if there’s a “Bake” setting with a little fan icon next to it. If you’ve never used this feature before, now’s the time to give it a try. Cooking with a convection oven has some unique advantages that you won’t get with a regular oven.
- It’s similar to an air fryer, producing even heat circulation for uniform cooking.
- It reduces cooking time by about 25 percent, thanks to the fan blowing hot air around the food.
- It creates a dry atmosphere, perfect for browning and crisping your dishes.
How Long to Cook Baked Potatoes in the Oven?
In a convection oven, baking the perfect potato takes only 45 minutes. If you’re using a regular oven, you’ll need to wait anywhere between 60 to 70 minutes. So, by using a convection oven, you can shave off 15 precious minutes of waiting time.
The Step-by-Step Guide to the Perfect Baked Potato
Getting the perfect potato starts with the right preparation. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your convection oven to 425°F.
- Take your jumbo russet potatoes and give them a good wash. Remember to remove any dirt or grit, as potatoes grow in the ground.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave for 10 seconds per potato you’re cooking. For example, if you’re cooking 3 potatoes, microwave the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of coarse kosher salt to the melted butter. You can also use table salt as a substitute.
- Pierce each potato through the middle using a skewer or a corn-on-the-cob holder. This will allow steam to escape and prevent the potatoes from bursting.
- Brush the skin of the potatoes with the melted butter and salt mixture, ensuring every inch is covered.
- Place the potatoes on a shallow pan, like a brownie pan, to elevate them with the help of the skewers. This will allow the skin to get crispy and evenly cooked.
- Cook the potatoes in the preheated convection oven for 45 minutes until they are tender and the skin is golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. They are now ready to be topped with your favorite ingredients.
Delicious Baked Potato Toppings
Now that you have the perfect baked potatoes, it’s time to get creative with your toppings. Here are some tasty ideas to get you started:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Broccoli and Cheese
- Caramelized Onions
Feel free to mix and match different toppings to create your own unique flavor combinations. From classic to adventurous, the options are endless.
If you’re looking for some recipe inspiration to accompany your baked potatoes, be sure to check out our website Ekilove for more mouthwatering dishes.
Now that you know the secret to making the perfect baked potatoes in the oven, it’s time to get cooking. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!