Air fryer bacon is not only extra crispy but also incredibly easy to make. With no flipping required, it’s a quick and hassle-free way to enjoy this breakfast classic. If you’re a bacon lover like me, and addicted to your air fryer, then you’re in for a treat!
The Crispiest Bacon You’ll Ever Have
My family adores crispy bacon, so I decided to put it to the test and try air frying it. As someone who typically bakes bacon in the oven, I was curious to see how it would compare.
The verdict? Air fryer bacon has the upper hand if you’re after the crispiest bacon recipe around. Plus, the edges get beautifully wavy, adding an extra crispiness that’s hard to resist. However, when feeding a crowd, oven bacon takes the crown. I love how I can fit enough bacon for my whole family on a sheet pan, without the need to air fry in batches.
Cooking Bacon in the Air Fryer – Simple and Efficient
An air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food, much like a convection oven. This makes it an ideal cooking method for achieving crispy results, especially with bacon.
While cooking bacon in the air fryer is straightforward, there is one common issue that can arise: smoking. To prevent bacon from burning or smoking in the air fryer, it’s best to cook it at a temperature lower than the smoke point of bacon grease. Based on my experiments, I’ve found that 350°F (175°C) is the ideal temperature for air fryer bacon. Some recipes suggest adding a bit of water or a piece of bread to the bottom of the air fryer to help prevent smoking, but I’ve found that cooking at a lower temperature is sufficient.
How to Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer – The Easy Method
Cooking bacon in the air fryer is a breeze! Just follow these simple steps:
- Lay the bacon slices in the air fryer basket. If they’re too long to fit, you can cut them in half for better fitting. It’s alright if the slices touch, but they shouldn’t overlap or be layered.
Air fry at 350°F (175°C) for 8-15 minutes, depending on how well-done you prefer your bacon. Adjust the cook time based on your air fryer model and thickness of the bacon. Remember, thick-cut bacon takes longer to cook than thin slices.
Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease. Then, indulge in the deliciousness!
How Long to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer?
The cook time for air fryer bacon can vary from 8 to 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Why such a wide range? Several factors come into play:
- The thickness of the bacon: Thick-cut bacon requires more time to cook compared to thin slices.
- Your air fryer model: Different air fryers may have slight variations in cooking times, so keep an eye on your bacon and adjust accordingly.
- Your preferences: If you like your bacon extra crispy, leave it in the air fryer for longer. For a softer and chewier texture, reduce the cook time.
Tips for Cooking Perfect Air Fryer Bacon
To ensure bacon success, here are a few handy tips:
- Cook bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket. If you have a large family, you may need to cook bacon in batches. Remember to pour out the grease from the bottom of the air fryer between batches.
- Set your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Cooking at higher temperatures may lead to bacon grease smoking and affecting the flavor.
- Cleaning your air fryer after cooking bacon is a breeze. Start by pouring out the collected grease from the bottom of the air fryer. Then, wash the basket with warm soapy water. Once the air fryer cools, wipe down the inside with a damp cloth to remove any grease spatters.
Storing and Reheating Bacon
Cooked bacon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When it’s time to enjoy it again, reheat in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until hot and crispy. If you’re in a hurry, the microwave works too!
Delicious Ways to Enjoy Bacon
Bacon is an incredibly versatile ingredient. Here are a few ideas to savor its deliciousness:
- For breakfast: Serve bacon alongside scrambled eggs, French toast, buttermilk pancakes, or waffles. The tantalizing aroma of bacon cooking in the kitchen is sure to wake everyone up!
- A crispy flavor booster: Use crispy crumbled bacon as a topping for Air Fryer Baked Potatoes, Potato Soup, Deviled Eggs, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, or Instant Pot Mac and Cheese.
- An ingredient in recipes: Incorporate air fryer bacon into recipes that call for cooked bacon. Try adding it to a Breakfast Casserole, Spinach Salad with Bacon, crustless quiche, or a classic BLT sandwich.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to Explore
If you love using your air fryer as much as I do, you’re in for a treat. Here are a few more of my favorite air fryer recipes that consistently deliver delicious results:
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer French Fries
Discover all of my Air Fryer recipes here.
Cooking bacon in the air fryer is not only convenient but also yields incredible results. Whether you’re after extra crispy bacon or a hassle-free cooking experience, your air fryer is your new best friend. Give it a try and indulge in perfectly cooked bacon every time!