Are you in search of a simple yet delectable meatball recipe? Look no further than Crockpot Meatballs! With this effortless crockpot method, you’ll achieve perfectly tender and juicy meatballs without the need to pre-cook or brown them. These meatballs are bathed in a rich and chunky tomato sauce, resulting in a classic Italian-style meal that will impress your family and friends.
One of the best things about Crockpot Meatballs is how easy they are to make. Simply mix the meatball ingredients together, let the slow cooker work its magic, and come home to a ready-to-serve meal. No frying or baking required, which means no extra dishes to wash!
For this recipe, lean beef is the way to go. It provides the perfect balance of moisture and texture. Don’t worry about having a little fat in the meat, as it adds a delightful richness to the sauce. The meatballs also incorporate Italian breadcrumbs, seasonings, onion, and parmesan cheese, ensuring they are bursting with flavor.
These delectable meatballs cook in a simple tomato sauce that boasts incredible taste. The sauce consists of pasta sauce, diced and crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce), garlic, and Italian seasoning. As the meatballs simmer in the crockpot, they soak up all the wonderful juices and flavors, resulting in a truly mouthwatering experience.
Making meatballs in a crockpot couldn’t be simpler. Once you’ve tried this recipe, it will become your go-to choice. Here’s how to do it:
- Combine ground beef, seasonings, breadcrumbs, and eggs as per the recipe below.
- Roll the mixture into meatballs and place them in the crockpot.
- Cover the meatballs with sauce, then sit back and let the slow cooker work its magic!
Skip the Pre-Cooking
The beauty of this recipe is that you can skip the pre-cooking step entirely. You do not have to cook the meatballs before placing them in the crockpot! While browning ground beef is often recommended for other slow cooker recipes, it’s not necessary here. Simply mix the ingredients, shape the meatballs, and let them cook low and slow in the crockpot. The lean beef used in this recipe adds incredible flavor to the sauce, making this method even more convenient.
Crockpot meatballs can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a full meal. Here are a few serving suggestions to ignite your culinary creativity:
- Serve them over your favorite pasta, such as spaghetti or penne, for a classic Italian dish.
- Create a mouthwatering meatball sub by placing them on a toasted hoagie roll, topping them with mozzarella cheese, and broiling until melty perfection.
- Pair them with creamy mashed potatoes, as they complement each other beautifully.
- Make a meatball casserole by combining the meatballs with fusilli, covering them with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and baking at 375˚F for 20 minutes.
While this recipe calls for a tomato-based sauce, feel free to experiment with different sauces. Whether you opt for BBQ sauce, sweet and sour sauce, mushroom sauce, or a honey garlic sauce, these versatile meatballs will shine no matter what. You can even prepare the meatballs the night before and refrigerate them, saving time in the morning. Just add them to the slow cooker, pour on the sauce, and let the crockpot do the rest. Once you’ve experienced the convenience and deliciousness of crockpot meatballs, there’s no turning back!
Other Ground Beef Recipes You’ll Love
For more tasty ground beef recipes, here are some recommendations:
- The Best Meatloaf Recipe
- Easy Meat Sauce
- Stuffed Peppers
- Beef Taco Pasta Skillet
- Taco Soup
- Porcupine Meatballs – Kids will love these!
Recipe adapted from The ShortCut Kitchen.