Have you ever had eyelash extensions that started to become irritating or grow out in different directions? It’s a common issue that can take away from the beauty of your lashes. Luckily, there’s a solution – professional eyelash extension removal. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process and provide important tips for safe and effective removal.
Eyelash Extension Removal at Home – Is it Safe?
Let’s address this question right away – the short answer is no. While you may find numerous online resources claiming to provide DIY methods for removing eyelash extensions at home, these methods can be highly misleading and even dangerous. It’s always best to seek the help of a professional lash technician who knows which products and techniques were used during the initial application.
Things You Need for Eyelash Extension Removal
To safely remove your eyelash extensions, you’ll need a few essential items. Here’s a list to help you prepare:
- Professional eyelash extension glue remover
- Under-eye gel pads
- Microswab or Q-tips
- Cotton pads
Types of Professional Eyelash Glue Removers
There are two main types of professional eyelash glue removers: gel remover and cream remover.
Gel eyelash glue remover is commonly used to remove either a partial or entire set of eyelash extensions. It’s important to shake the bottle well before use and allow the gel to sit for approximately 2-5 minutes before attempting to remove the extensions. Gel remover has a thick consistency that can sit on the lashes effectively. However, it’s recommended to be used by experienced professionals to avoid any potential irritation or watery texture.
The most popular gel remover on the market is BL Gel Remover 15g.
Cream remover is considered the safest option for removing lash extensions. This thick cream-like consistency remover is specifically designed to remove the entire set of eyelash extensions. It’s easy to apply and sits well on the lashes without running into the eyes or skin. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced lash professional, we highly recommend using the cream type lash remover.
For best results, try BL Cream Remover Double Plus.
How to Use Eyelash Glue Remover
Note: The following instructions apply to both Gel lash remover and Cream lash remover only.
- Prepare a professional eyelash extension glue remover.
Place under-eye pads and tape or cotton pads on top of the eye pads to protect the sensitive skin around the eye area from the strong remover product.
Set a drop of lash glue remover on a surface.
- Apply the lash glue remover on eyelash extensions using a micro swab.
- Wait for approximately 3 minutes.
- Use a swab or tweezers to carefully remove the extensions.
- Use a fresh lint-free swab to clean up any remaining lash glue remover on the natural lashes.
- Soak a cotton pad or cotton swab in water and thoroughly rinse the natural lashes.
- Dry the wet lashes with a mini fan and brush them.
- Congratulations! Your eyelash extensions are successfully removed.
Pro Tips for Using Professional Lash Extension Glue Remover
- Avoid rubbing or fiddling with the extensions immediately after applying the remover to prevent the blooming effect. Wait at least 2-5 minutes before removing the extensions.
- Thoroughly cleanse the remover from your natural lashes before applying any liquid, such as water or lash bath. Leaving residue can cause a blooming effect or affect the retention of your next set. Cleanse the lashes with a lash bath.
- Always close the lid tightly after using the eyelash adhesive remover to maintain its properties.
- In rare cases, eyelash extension removers can cause the air in the container to expand. Although it won’t affect the quality of the product, be aware that it may discharge a larger amount. However, this is extremely rare.
How Does Eyelash Glue Remover Work?
Professional eyelash glue removers are formulated with chemical ingredients that soften the hard bonds created by lash extension glue. This allows the extensions to slide off safely. When performed by a certified professional, the process is quick and painless, taking less than 10 minutes.
When Should You Remove Lash Extensions?
Lash extensions typically need to be removed after two or three weeks of wear due to the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. After this time, some extensions will have grown out, potentially ruining the overall design. Additionally, if your lash extensions were applied incorrectly and are causing irritation, it’s best to have them removed.
Can Eyelash Extension Remover Damage Natural Lashes?
No, it won’t. In fact, removing lash extensions should be a painless process that doesn’t damage your natural lashes. However, if the extensions were initially applied incorrectly (e.g., multiple lashes glued together), the removal process can be slow and painful. This is why it’s crucial to avoid applying lash extensions on your own and instead choose a reputable lash technician with certification.
As a lash extension supplier, we believe it’s our responsibility to educate our industry and provide you with the correct information for your safety and well-being. The primary goal of professional eyelash glue remover is to remove lash extensions without harming your natural lashes.
Can I Use Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to Remove My Eyelash Extensions?
We strongly advise against removing your own lash extensions using over-the-counter products like coconut oil or olive oil. While natural oils can break down lash glue, they aren’t strong enough to effectively remove the extensions. Many people end up rubbing or forcefully pulling the extensions, which can cause your natural lashes to fall off.
Moreover, these oils tend to smear into the pore of your lash line and can block the pore, interfering with the growth of your natural lashes or causing infection and irritation. Professional lash extension glue removers are specially formulated with a thick consistency to sit only on the lashes and never applied directly to the skin.
What is the expiration date of eyelash glue remover?
Unopened bottles of glue remover can be kept for up to 2 years. Once opened, it’s recommended to use the remover within six months. However, proper storage plays a crucial role in prolonging the shelf-life of the product. Keep the remover away from direct sunlight and store it in a cool, dry place for optimal condition.
What are the differences between the two removers from BL Lashes?
- Gel Remover/15ml/Gel Type: This gel remover has no scent and is effective for partial removal of eyelash extensions.
- Cream Remover Double Plus: This thick, yellow-colored cream-type remover also has no scent. It’s highly recommended for the complete removal of eyelash extensions by lash professionals of all levels.
Home Repair & Recovery Plan for Your Natural Lashes
Use this opportunity to give your lashes a break from extensions and pamper them with healthy habits. Allow them to grow and shine! Follow these steps daily for four weeks to achieve a whole new set of beautiful, natural lashes:
- Botanically infused oil-free lash cleanser for lash bath
- Super gentle and safe for eyes
- Helps maintain clean lashes after extensions
- Moisturizes and conditions natural lashes
- Promotes thicker and healthier lash growth
- Promotes rapid growth in natural lashes
- Provides long, shiny, and voluminous lashes within four weeks
Take some time to explore our guides for more tips on maintaining healthy, natural lashes:
- Your Guide To Healthy Natural Lashes
- How To Grow Healthier, Longer, Fuller Natural Lashes Before and After Eyelash Extensions
- Complete Guide How To Clean Eyelash Extensions
- Make Your Lash Extensions Last Longer With Lash Coating Sealant
Remember, professional eyelash extension removal is the safest and most effective way to maintain beautiful lashes without causing any harm.