For a simple and satisfying weeknight side dish, look no further than these Air Fryer Yuca Fries. Also known as Cassava Fries, these fries are not only delicious but also healthy, requiring just four ingredients to make. Whether you pair them with meat or enjoy them as a snack, these fries are sure to become a family favorite.
- Yuca Pieces: This Caribbean root vegetable is not only delicious but also packed with prebiotic fiber. With a low glycemic index, it’s a perfect alternative to traditional french fries. The frozen yuca bits, also known as dedos de yuca in Spanish, are already par-boiled, making them incredibly easy to prepare.
- Lard: Known for its high heat tolerance, lard is an excellent frying oil. If you prefer a vegan version, refined coconut oil can be used instead.
- Garlic Powder: Adding an extra umami kick, garlic powder adheres perfectly to the yuca fries, enhancing their flavor even further.
How to Make Yuca Fries from Frozen
Step 1. If using frozen yuca fries, proceed to step 2. For fresh yuca, remove the ends and peel off the skin and thin white layer underneath. Cut the yuca lengthwise into half-inch strips, resembling fries.
Step 2. Boil a large pot of water and place a steamer basket on top. Steam fresh yuca for approximately 20 minutes or frozen yuca for 5-7 minutes until tender but not falling apart.
Step 3. While the yuca steams, prepare your oil, salt, and garlic powder. Once the yuca is tender, remove it from the steamer basket and set your air fryer to preheat at 380°F (190°C) for 5 minutes.
Step 4. Drizzle or brush the yuca fries with oil, ensuring each piece is evenly coated. Sprinkle on garlic powder and salt, flipping the pieces if necessary.
Step 5. Carefully place the yuca fries into the preheated air fryer basket, leaving enough room for them to cook evenly. If needed, cook them in batches. Shake the basket halfway through cooking. After 14-16 minutes, once golden brown and crispy, remove the fries and serve with your favorite sauce.
Sauces to Complement Yuca Fries
- Lemon butter
- Honey garlic sauce (reduce the amount of starch by half)
- Herb tahini sauce
- Simple chimichurri
- Creamy macadamia nut pesto
Ekilove: Your Source for Delicious Recipes
Next time you’re in need of a delicious and healthy side dish, give these Air Fryer Yuca Fries a try. You won’t be disappointed. Remember to leave a comment or give a 5-star review if you enjoy this recipe. Happy cooking!