# Enjoy Crispy Frozen Crab Cakes in Minutes with Your Air Fryer
Make frozen crab cakes in the air fryer straight from the freezer and indulge in perfectly crispy, crunchy coating with a warm, meaty inside. Whether you’re serving them as an appetizer or a main dish, these air fryer crab cakes are a crowd-pleaser.
Fresh crab cakes are undeniably delicious, but they require extra time and effort to prepare. Luckily, frozen crab cakes can be just as tasty and take just minutes to cook with the help of an air fryer.
What Makes These Crab Cakes So Good?
- Easy: No need for extra oil! Just pop the frozen crab cakes into the air fryer. If you prefer them extra crispy, a light spray of olive oil before cooking does the trick.
- Fast: Cook frozen crab cakes straight from the freezer. No thawing required. Since they’re already precooked, you only need to heat them through.
- Easy Clean-up: The air fryer is incredibly simple to clean. For added convenience, you can even use air fryer parchment paper.
- Taste: The circulating hot air in the air fryer creates a golden brown, crispy coating while keeping the inside of the crab cakes tender and delicious.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen crab cakes: These can be found in the freezer aisle of most grocery stores, including popular chains like Walmart and Target.
- Air fryer: Both basket-style and oven-style air fryers work well for this recipe. The pictures feature a 5.8-quart Cosori basket-style air fryer.
How to Make Frozen Crab Cakes in the Air Fryer
- Place the frozen crab cakes in the air fryer basket, ensuring they’re not stacked. If you’re concerned about sticking, a light mist of olive oil will do the trick.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the crab cakes are warmed through. If you’re preparing mini crab cakes, check them after 5 minutes. Larger ones might require 12-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the crab cakes from the air fryer and savor them while they’re warm.
Storing and Reheating Tips
- Store: Allow the crab cakes to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
- Reheat: For a quick and easy reheating process, place the crab cakes back in the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
The Best Frozen Crab Cakes to Choose From
There’s a wide range of brands to explore in the freezer aisle. Some popular options include:
- Phillips Maryland Style Crab Cakes
- Trader Joe’s Crab Cakes
- Handy Crab Cakes
- Dockside Classics
- Publix brand
- Costco brand – Rastelli Market
Delicious Pairings for Crab Cakes
Crab cakes can be enjoyed as a main dish or served as an appetizer with dipping sauces like tartar sauce or cocktail sauce. Looking for complementary side dishes? Consider these options:
- Sweet potato fries
- Baked potato
- Seasoned rice
Tips for Making the Perfect Crab Cakes
- Ensure you don’t stack the crab cakes in the air fryer. You want the hot air to circulate evenly around each cake.
- For an extra crispy texture, lightly spray the tops of the crab cakes with olive oil using an oil mister (not aerosol spray).
- Since air fryers and crab cake sizes may vary, it’s best to check them after 5 minutes of cooking. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, adding 3-5 minutes as needed.
Explore More Frozen Delights in Your Air Fryer
If you’re a fan of frozen foods and want to try more delicious recipes in your air fryer, here are some other mouthwatering options to consider:
- Air fryer frozen burrito
- Air fryer frozen pierogies
- Air fryer frozen spring rolls
- Air fryer frozen chicken patties
- Air fryer frozen chicken strips
Love your air fryer? Join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes group on Facebook to share recipes and swap tips with fellow air fryer enthusiasts.