If you’ve been wondering how to cook frozen chicken in a crock pot, this recipe is for you. With a handful of ingredients and a simple cooking process, you can make perfectly cooked chicken every time!
The Best Frozen Chicken In Crock Pot
If you’re as busy as I am, odds are you won’t have time to run to the store to get fresh chicken for dinner every night.
I have two little ones at home, so saving time making dinner is always something I’m looking to do.
Luckily, cooking frozen chicken breasts in a crock pot is effortless, and the chicken turns out perfectly cooked every single time! Just like my frozen chicken thighs crock pot recipe, crock pot frozen turkey breast, and frozen meatballs in the crock pot.
I cook frozen chicken breast in the crock pot at least once a week, and this simple method has been a lifesaver. I’ve become a bit obsessed with this recipe, and I have a feeling it’ll become a go-to busy weeknight recipe for you too.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Easy to make. The only thing you have to do is put everything in the crockpot. It’s that easy!
Versatile. The shredded chicken goes well with just about anything, so you can always change up your meal each time you make it.
It’s convenient. Put the frozen chicken in the crock pot in the morning, and you’ll have an easy weeknight dinner ready when you get home later.
Foolproof. The crock pot takes care of everything for you, so you never have to worry about overcooking frozen chicken. Just like my baked frozen chicken breast recipe, this crock pot one cooks the chicken to perfection every time!
The ingredient list for this frozen chicken recipe is super straightforward. You might even have everything you need to make it on hand already!
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. butter thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
For a different flavor, you can use the ingredients from my crock pot Buffalo chicken recipe. By the way, if you’re looking for recipes to make with your shredded chicken, check out these BBQ chicken sliders and this chicken hashbrown casserole.
How To Make Frozen Chicken In The Crock Pot
1. Prep work: Place the frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with butter, salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning.
2. Cook the chicken: Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook on high heat for 4-6 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Shred and serve: When the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred the chicken with two forks. Serve as desired, and enjoy!
Tips To Make The Best Recipe
- Swap the poultry seasoning for ingredients like garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, or cayenne pepper with some red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Use other cuts of chicken, like chicken thighs.
- You’ll know the chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F checked in the center with a meat thermometer.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Chicken
- Potatoes: For a hearty meal, serve the chicken with these cheesy mashed potatoes or these pan fried potatoes.
- Salad: For a lighter meal, serve it with this southwest salad or La scala chopped salad.
- Vegetables: For a healthy meal, serve it with roasted vegetables, these crack green beans, or Chipotle fajita veggies.
- Rice: Make rice bowls with this turmeric rice or Chipotle cilantro lime rice.
How To Store Shredded Chicken
In the fridge: Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for about 3-4 days. You won’t be able to refreeze it since the chicken was fully cooked from being frozen.
Reheating: Add the chicken to a skillet with a splash of water or chicken broth. Cook the chicken at medium heat, stirring frequently, until it’s fully reheated.
FAQS About This Crock Pot Frozen Chicken Recipe
Can you put frozen chicken in the crock pot?
Yes, you absolutely can put frozen chicken in the crockpot. It’s an easy and convenient way to make perfectly cooked every single time!
Does frozen chicken need to be thawed before cooking?
No, you do not need to thaw frozen chicken before cooking. You’ll just want to make sure that you cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
How long to cook frozen chicken in crock pot?
Frozen raw chicken should be cooked in the crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
How to cook frozen chicken and rice in crock pot?
Cook the frozen chicken in the crock pot as described above. Add the rice and about a cup or two of water or chicken broth to cover the rice. Cook for another half hour to an hour or until the rice is done.
How do you defrost chicken quickly?
The fastest way to defrost frozen chicken is to transfer it to a Ziplock bag if it isn’t in one already. Submerge it in a bowl of cold water and change the water every 30 minutes until the chicken is defrosted.
More Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot chicken wings
- Crock Pot taco casserole
- Crock Pot chicken casserole
- Crock Pot cheesy potatoes
- Crock Pot salsa chicken
- Crock Pot Olive Garden chicken pasta
- Crock Pot Buffalo chicken dip