Venison, cooked in the air fryer, offers a delightful and healthy way to enjoy the flavors of wild game steaks. In just 7 minutes, you can have a mouthwatering meal ready to eat. With this easy recipe, you’ll savor delicious cuts of venison dredged in melted butter, seasoned with salt and pepper, and cooked to perfection in a 400° air fryer. No need for breading this time, but if you’re a fan, check out our fried deer meat recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The butter keeps the venison juicy and adds a delicious flavor to each bite.
- With only four ingredients, you probably already have everything you need in your kitchen.
- Cook the venison to your preferred level of doneness, from medium-rare in just 5 minutes to a medium steak in 7 minutes.
Can You Cook Deer in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely! No matter how long you cook it, the air fryer provides a fast and easy way to prepare venison.
What’s the Best Way to Cook Venison?
There are various ways to cook venison, depending on the desired outcome:
- Air frying is a healthier, faster, and easy method, perfect for cut-up fryer meat that fits perfectly in the air fryer basket.
- Grilling venison steaks with a marinade gives them a delightful “char” flavor. Marinades also help eliminate any “gamey” taste you may not prefer.
- Frying deer meat in oil is a favorite, although it requires more steps and cleanup compared to air frying.
- Cooking venison on the stove, using butter, salt, and pepper, offers a “browned-butter” flavor and works well with whole cuts of steak.
Choosing the best way to cook venison depends on the cut and the flavor you desire.
How to Make Venison in the Air Fryer
This may be one of the easiest venison recipes you’ve ever come across! It’s family-friendly, as the venison is cut into bite-size pieces, making it perfect for little hands.
- Deer meat tenderloin and/or backstrap, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Melted butter (adjust the quantity based on the amount of venison)
- Salt (kosher salt preferred)
- Pepper (black pepper or ground peppercorn medley)
Start by coating each piece of deer tenderloin (or fryer deer meat) with melted butter.
Place the venison in the air fryer basket and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook the venison at 400° for 5-7 minutes, depending on your preferred level of doneness. Flipping halfway through may be necessary for some air fryers.
Once cooked, remove the venison from the air fryer and it’s ready to be devoured!
For thicker cuts of venison, the cooking time of 7 minutes will result in a beautiful pink color. Thinner pieces may require less time, so keep an eye on them.
What to Serve with Venison
Pair your venison with these fantastic side dishes:
- Best Side Salad Recipe
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Focaccia Bread
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Allow the venison to reach room temperature before cooking to ensure even cooking. Cold venison may require adjustments to the cook time.
- If possible, cook similar-sized pieces together to ensure consistent cooking.
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re a fan of air fryer recipes, check out these tantalizing options:
- Brats in the Air Fryer
- Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Chicken Legs in the Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- Bacon in the Air Fryer
For more delicious recipes and food inspiration, visit Ekilove.