Are you a steak lover? If so, you know that a perfectly cooked steak is a thing of beauty. In the past, achieving that juicy, tender texture meant firing up the grill. But now, there’s a new contender in town—the air fryer! Yes, you read that right. In this article, I’ll show you how to make mouthwatering carne asada in your air fryer. It’s a game-changer that will leave you amazed. So, if you’re ready to try something different for your next steak dinner, give this recipe a whirl. You won’t be disappointed!
Air Fryer Carne Asada is an absolute delight. With some quality meat from your local grocery store, you can whip up excellent carne asada tacos right at home. It’s the perfect dish for a delightful family dinner.
What Type of Meat is Carne Asada?
If the term “Carne Asada” is unfamiliar to you, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Carne asada simply refers to flap steak, skirt steak, or flank steak marinated and grilled to perfection. In this recipe, we’ll be using flank steak, a cut that works wonderfully in the air fryer. The marination process and flavors will leave you with the same exceptional taste and juicy meat.
What is Carne Asada?
Have you ever visited a Mexican restaurant and tried carne asada? If not, let me introduce you to this mouthwatering dish. Carne asada is a popular grilled steak dish in Mexican cuisine. It’s often served with tortillas, rice, beans, or any other side dishes you fancy. Today, I’ll guide you on how to recreate this delightful dish right in your own kitchen.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Carne Asada
To make the perfect Air Fryer Carne Asada, here’s what you’ll need:
- Flank steak
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Minced garlic
- Cumin powder
- Chili powder
How To Make Air Fryer Carne Asada
Follow these simple steps to enjoy your delicious Air Fryer Carne Asada:
- Start by marinating the flank steak in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour all the marinade ingredients over the steak. For best results, let it marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer basket with olive oil cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the marinated steak inside the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 7 minutes. Then, flip the steak and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the steak. For medium-rare, aim for 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Medium doneness is around 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy your juicy Air Fryer Carne Asada!
Here are some pro tips to take your Air Fryer Carne Asada to the next level:
- Let your meat come to room temperature before air frying for the best results.
- Season your meat with salt and black pepper before air frying.
- Elevate the dish by adding some steak seasoning for extra flavor.
- If using an air fryer oven, place the steak on the bottom shelf for even cooking.
- Each air fryer may vary, so it’s a good idea to use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of your steak.
What Kind of Meat Do You Use With Carne Asada?
While flank steak is commonly used for carne asada, you can experiment with different cuts of beef. The key is to choose good quality meat that will result in a delicious carne asada recipe.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Carne Asada
Many people are turning to air fryers for healthier and quicker cooking options. Air fryer carne asada has become increasingly popular due to its deliciousness and juiciness. So, what should you serve with it? Here are some of my favorite side dishes to complement your air fryer carne asada:
- Air Fryer New York Style Chopped Cheese Recipe
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- 20 Authentic Air Fryer Italian Recipes
- Air Fryer Baking Powder Biscuits
- Easy Air Fryer Fried Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Spicy Italian Sandwich
At What Temperature is Carne Asada Done?
The perfectly cooked carne asada lies in achieving the ideal internal temperature. You want it neither rare nor overdone. While opinions may vary, most agree that aiming for a temperature between 145 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit is ideal. To ensure perfection, use a meat thermometer to check the thickest part of your meat.
How long does it take to cook carne asada in the air fryer?
Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the carne asada. On average, it takes around 12 to 15 minutes in the air fryer.
How do you make Trader Joe’s carne asada in the air fryer?
Trader Joe’s offers some excellent carne asada options. But what if you don’t have access to an oven or stove? Fear not! I’m here to guide you on making Trader Joe’s carne asada in the air fryer. Follow the recipe below, and you’ll soon be savoring a fantastic Carne Asada Dinner, courtesy of Trader Joe’s!
How To Store:
If you have any leftover Carne Asada, let it cool to room temperature before placing it in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for about 2 to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Remember to save this recipe for later by pinning it! You’ll always have easy access to this fantastic Air Fryer Carne Asada recipe whenever you need it.
So, grab your air fryer and get ready to indulge in the most tender and juicy Air Fryer Carne Asada you’ve ever tasted. Your taste buds will thank you!
To discover more scrumptious recipes and explore Ekilove’s delightful content, visit Ekilove.