Did you know that you can make delicious, crispy Air Fryer Potatoes from a can? It’s true! Shelf-stable canned potatoes are a convenient option for creating irresistible air fryer sides. Not only do they cook faster than traditional methods, but they also boast incredible flavor. Whether you’re short on time or fresh potatoes, this recipe is a game-changer.
How to Make Air Fryer Potatoes
Follow these simple steps to whip up a plate of scrumptious air fryer potatoes:
- Step 1: Open the can of potatoes and drain the liquid. You can also rinse the potatoes with cold water if desired.
- Step 2: Place the potatoes in a baking pan or other oven-safe bakeware.
- Step 3: Season the potatoes with lemon pepper seasoning. If you don’t have lemon pepper, salt and pepper will do just fine.
- Step 4: Add half a tablespoon of butter to the potatoes.
- Step 5: Cook at 400 degrees F (204 C) for 10-15 minutes. Check at the 10-minute mark and cook for an additional 5 minutes if you prefer them crispier.
- Step 6: Remove the potatoes from the air fryer, serve with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Air Fryer Potatoes
To ensure delightful and delectable air-fried potatoes every time, keep these tips in mind:
- Depending on the size of your potatoes, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Canned potatoes often come in halves or quarters, but as long as they are roughly the same size, there’s no need to modify the cooking time or temperature.
- Always drain the liquid from the can before adding the potatoes to the air fryer. The extra moisture isn’t necessary for cooking, and your potatoes will turn out delicious without it.
- Stir your potatoes once halfway through the cooking process to ensure even baking. Most air fryers have a function that allows you to easily flip or stir the food.
- Feel free to experiment with different toppings to elevate your air fryer potatoes. From melted cheese and crispy bacon to taco seasoning and salsa, the possibilities are endless!
How to Serve Air Fryer Potatoes
There are countless delicious ways to enjoy your air fryer potatoes. For a simple yet scrumptious option, top them with a pat of butter, fresh herbs, and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper. If you’re looking for something more indulgent, try loading them with crumbled crispy bacon, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. The combination of taco seasoning, black beans, and diced tomatoes or salsa creates a mouthwatering Mexican-style masterpiece. Don’t forget to smother your air fryer potatoes with cheese sauce and top them with air fryer broccoli for a truly out-of-this-world experience!
Discover More Incredible Air Fryer Potato Recipes
If you’re craving even more air fryer potato goodness, we’ve got you covered! Check out our other fantastic air fryer recipes like Air Fryer French Fries, Air Fryer Potato Pancakes, and How to Cook Air Fryer Potatoes. With a wide array of options at your fingertips, you’ll never run out of delicious ideas for your air fryer.
- Use Any Air Fryer: Whether you have an air fryer with a basket or an air fryer oven, this recipe is versatile and easily adaptable. If you’re using an air fryer oven, simply place your food on the middle rack and select the “air fry” function.
- Keep an Eye on Your Food: Each air fryer operates slightly differently, so it’s essential to monitor your food as it cooks. Check on it regularly to avoid over or undercooking and to familiarize yourself with your specific air fryer’s timing.
Have you made this recipe? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and rating below to help other readers. Don’t forget to tag @AirFryerEats on Instagram if you share a picture of your creation. Let’s connect on social media! Follow us on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, or join our Air Fryer Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Recipes for Seniors, and Gluten-Free Air Fryer Recipes. And don’t miss out on our email newsletter for more fantastic recipes.
Are you looking for more air fryer recipes? Let us make that easy for you! Grab our ebook bundle, packed with oodles and oodles of air fryer recipes that you can even print out. Email us at [email protected] for more information!