Are you craving something scrumptious for dinner? Look no further! In this article, we will walk you through the process of cooking mouthwatering pinwheel steaks. Whether you prefer to use your oven, grill, or air fryer, we’ve got you covered. So, put on your apron and get ready to impress your loved ones with these delectable recipes!
Roll Up Your Sleeves
Let’s start with the basics. Pinwheel steaks are made by taking tenderized skirt or flank steak and generously spreading a delightful filling all over it. The filling can be customized to your liking and may include a mix of herbs, spices, melted cheese, garlic, and more. Once the steak is rolled, secure it with toothpicks and get ready to cook!
How to Cook Pinwheel Steaks
Method 1: Oven Roasting
- Begin by cutting the flank steak evenly into several pieces, making them 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Drizzle the meat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare the filling using provolone cheese, spinach, chopped garlic, olive oil, and flat-leaf parsley.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest over the flank steaks.
- Cover the meat with the filling and roll it up tightly.
- Secure the rolls with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- Preheat the roasting pan (or cast iron pan) to 400 degrees F.
- Place the pinwheel steaks on the pan and roast them for 35-40 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Carefully flip them with a spatula during the cooking process.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature. For medium-rare pinwheel steak, aim for an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, while well-done should be around 170 degrees F.
- Once cooked, allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes before removing the toothpicks or twine and serving.
Method 2: Oven Baking
- Follow the same steps for preparing the meat and filling as mentioned earlier.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the large pinwheels on an oven-safe baking tray and put them in the preheated oven.
- Bake the pinwheel steaks for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, cover the steaks with aluminum foil, and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Take out the toothpicks or twine and serve your delectable creations!
Method 3: Grilling
- Take the butterflied flank steak and season it with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley over the steak.
- If you’re a garlic lover, add 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic for an extra kick.
- Roll the steak tightly and secure it with kitchen twine.
- Preheat your charcoal or gas grill to 500-600 degrees F.
- Place the pinwheels on the grill and cook them for 6 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Once both sides are grilled to perfection, remove the meat from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Untie the twine and get ready to indulge in a symphony of flavors!
Method 4: Air Frying
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator and tenderize it with a meat mallet, placing it in plastic wrap for protection.
- Cut the meat into several strips.
- Drizzle each strip with olive oil, sprinkle some lemon zest, and add the filling of your choice.
- Roll the strips into pinwheels and secure them with kitchen twine.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the pinwheel steaks in the air fryer basket and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Carefully flip them halfway through the cooking time.
- Once cooked, allow them to sit for 5 minutes before removing the twine pieces.
The Perfect Pinwheel Steak
To prepare your pinwheel steaks, start by tenderizing your steak and cutting it to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Next, prepare a tantalizing filling using ingredients such as provolone cheese, salt, pepper, olive oil, spinach, garlic, parsley, rosemary, and lemon zest. After seasoning the meat, spread the filling evenly, sprinkle with parsley and rosemary, and then roll it up tightly. Secure the roll with kitchen twine or toothpicks.
Now that your pinwheel steaks are ready, it’s time to choose your preferred cooking method. Whether you opt for oven roasting, oven baking, grilling, or air frying, prepare for a delightful culinary adventure in your kitchen.
Ekilove – Your Culinary Companion
Looking for more mouthwatering recipes? Look no further than Ekilove! Discover a world of flavors and culinary inspiration at ekilove.com. Experiment, share, and indulge in the joy of cooking with your loved ones.
So, what’s your favorite pinwheel steak recipe? Share your creations in the comments below. Your friends and family will thank you for these delicious treats!
Note: This article is solely for informational purposes. Consult professional chefs or resources for personalized guidance.