Learn how to cook bacon on Blackstone Griddle. This is the BEST bacon you’ll ever have. You can make it perfect crisp or chewy whichever you prefer. Nothing like homemade pancakes and bacon for breakfast on the Blackstone griddle.
There’s so many great ways to cook bacon because, let’s be honest, bacon can never be bad! But, I’ve really come to love cooking bacon on the Blackstone. It’s really easy and keeps my house from smelling like bacon for the entire day.
We love that we can prepare an entire breakfast meal of pancakes and bacon on the Blackstone. Sometimes we’ll make this hash brown omelette alongside this bacon too. Blackstone breakfast recipes are the best!
It’s not difficult to learn how to cook bacon on a Blackstone, and you’ll love how it turns out! If you’re picky about your bacon and need it to be perfectly crisp, then you’re going to love frying it up on the griddle.
If you don’t have a Blackstone, but love the idea of cooking bacon outside of your kitchen, not to worry! You can smoke and grill bacon too!
Why You’ll Love Bacon on the Blackstone
- Cooking bacon on a Blackstone griddle only takes a total of 15 minutes. That will definitely help speed up that breakfast cooking time!
- Bacon on the Blackstone is always cooked to perfection! No more under cooked fatty parts on your slices of bacon.
- You can cook a bulk amount of bacon really quickly!
Supplies needed to cook bacon on the blackstone
- Bacon – I always recommend buying thick cut bacon! But you can fry up any type of bacon on the Blackstone.
- Tongs – You’ll need some tongs to easily flip each slice of bacon.
- Infrared thermometer – This is the easiest way to make sure the cooking surface has reached the temperature needed for cooking bacon on a blackstone griddle.
- Blackstone – The Blackstone is an investment, but it’s so worth it! There’s so many amazing Blackstone breakfast recipes, and all other types of recipes.
What Is a Blackstone Griddle?
A Blackstone griddle is a high-quality flat topped steel griddle. Cooking on a griddle is different from a grill because you cook on a solid hot surface instead of cooking over flame.
There’s not much of a learning curve to cooking on a griddle like there is with cooking on a grill. Anyone can learn and it’s easy to use.
If you don’t have space for an outdoor griddle, then there are small ones you can use. These are some great options:
- Black and Decker Family Size Electric Griddle
- Farberware Ceramic Griddle
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Griddle
- Blackstone On-the-Go Tabletop Griddle
How to Cook Bacon on Blackstone Griddle
- Preheat the Blackstone to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the strips of bacon on the hot griddle to where they aren’t touching each other.
- Cook bacon for about 3-5 minutes then flip each slice with tongs. Cook that side for an additional 3-5 minutes and
- Remove the slices from the Blackstone and place on a plate layered with paper towels to soak up excess grease.
- Serve immediately!
What to serve with bacon on the blackstone
This bacon goes well with any of our breakfast recipes, like smoked cinnamon rolls, cinnamon monkey bread, and egg muffins on the grill.
You can also use this bacon on a delicious BLT, in this BLT dip recipe, or on a homemade smash burger or Blackstone patty melt!
Bacon goes good with everything, so use it however you’d like.
How to Store Leftover Bacon
Store leftover bacon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat it by popping the slices in the microwave until warm.
How do you keep bacon from sticking to a Blackstone?
If the bacon is sticking, this likely could mean that your Blackstone griddle is not seasoned well. You could have a build-up of grease or oil that is causing food to stick to the surface. Clean you Blackstone well, season it properly, and then try again!
How do you know when bacon is done on the griddle?
Bacon from the griddle will have an even, golden-brown color! The edges and insides will be crispy and well-cooked.
I just love when breakfast can be tasty and easy. This bacon has become a favorite in our house!
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- We mentioned Blackstone Pancakes earlier, but wanted to make sure you check them out. They’re so easy and they go perfectly with this bacon!
- Itching to use your smoker? Then try out this Smoked Breakfast Fatty! It’s packed with flavor and loaded with protein.
- This Sausage Breakfast Casserole is a favorite of ours when we’re hosting a lot of guests.
- We love making a Breakfast Skillet when we’re in need of a hearty, and easy, breakfast!