Start your mornings with a hassle-free and foolproof method of cooking bacon – in the microwave! It’s a quick and easy way to satisfy your cravings without the mess and effort of using a frying pan.
The Best Way to Cook Bacon
Yes, you read that right. You can actually cook raw bacon in the microwave, and it’s a game-changer for busy mornings. No more worrying about hot grease popping on your arms or dealing with a hot griddle. In just about 5 minutes, your bacon will be perfectly cooked and crispy.
The Secret to Crispy Microwave Bacon
You might be skeptical about microwave-cooked bacon being crispy, but it really is! It has that slight bacon chew that we all love, but it’s even crunchier than traditional stovetop bacon. It’s the perfect option when you’re rushing out the door or need a quick brunch idea. Plus, the cleanup is so much easier compared to dealing with a greasy pan.
How to Cook Bacon in the Microwave
You’ll never want to go back to using a hot, greasy pan after trying this method!
- Line a plate: Start by lining a microwave-safe plate or platter with two layers of paper towels.
- Arrange the bacon: Place the bacon in a single layer on the plate and cover it with another two layers of paper towels.
- Cook the bacon: Microwave the bacon for 3 minutes at full power (for a 1200 watt microwave).
- Flip the bacon: Carefully remove the plate, uncover it, and flip the bacon over.
- Cook again: Cover the bacon and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until it reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- Enjoy!: Remove the bacon from the microwave and serve it immediately.
Tips for Perfect Microwaved Bacon
To ensure your microwave-cooked bacon turns out great:
- Don’t overcook it. The bacon will continue to crisp up after removing it from the microwave, so take it out a little earlier if your microwave is powerful.
- No need for the plastic tray from the early 2000s; all you need is paper towels and a plate.
- Paper towels are essential for proper cooking and absorbing the grease.
- You can use any kind of bacon you like. This method is not limited to a specific brand or flavor.
- Get creative with your bacon. Enjoy it as it is, crumble it into bacon bits, or add it to sandwiches and various recipes.
More Bacon Recipes to Try
If you’re a bacon lover, here are a few more easy recipes to try:
- How to Bake Bacon in the Oven
- Sweet and Spicy Candied Bacon
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Manchego
For more mouthwatering bacon recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Cooking bacon in the microwave is a game-changer for quick and delicious breakfasts. It’s simple, convenient, and produces perfectly crispy bacon every time. So, skip the frying pan and enjoy the benefits of microwave-cooked bacon. For more delightful recipes and inspiration, visit Ekilove.