Instant Pot Potatoes & Carrots are the ideal side dish for any meal. They can be prepared in just 3 minutes using the Instant Pot, resulting in perfectly cooked vegetables with a delightful crunch. Forget about the misconception that pressure cooking vegetables would make them soggy – these potatoes and carrots will turn out tender and flavorful.
Fresh and Quality Ingredients
To create this easy side dish, you don’t need many ingredients. The key is to use fresh and high-quality vegetables. You can choose any variety of potatoes, such as russet, baby red, or Yukon gold. Whether you choose to peel them or not, make sure to clean them thoroughly. The same goes for the carrots, which can be peeled for a smoother texture.
The ingredients you need for this dish are:
- Potatoes – peeled or unpeeled
- Carrots – preferably peeled
- Hot water – starting with hot water reduces cooking time
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil (optional) – for garnishing and an added flavor boost
To make Instant Pot Potatoes & Carrots, you’ll need an Instant Pot of any size. However, keep in mind that a 3-quart size might not accommodate all the potatoes and carrots. Nonetheless, it’s worth a try! Additionally, you’ll need a steamer basket to keep the vegetables out of the water. If you don’t have a steamer basket, the trivet that came with your Instant Pot can serve as an alternative. Simply place a piece of tin foil on top of the trivet to create a makeshift container for the veggies. Don’t forget to create a few holes in the tin foil to allow the steam to escape.
The Instant Pot Advantage
The Instant Pot is an indispensable kitchen appliance that significantly reduces cooking time. It enhances the flavors of soups, stews, tenderizes tough cuts of meat, and even bakes cheesecakes. If you don’t already own one, consider checking out our guide on which Instant Pot to buy. Additionally, we have a guide on how to use an Instant Pot and a variety of accessories that you can purchase to enhance your cooking experience.
How to Make Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots
While you can cook the potatoes and carrots separately, combining them creates a delightful variety of flavors. However, whether you choose to cook them together or individually, the cooking process remains the same.
- Begin by pouring hot water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Although not essential, using hot water helps to build up pressure more quickly.
- Place a steamer basket in the inner pot and add the potatoes and carrots. In the absence of a steamer basket, use tin foil on the trivet to create a makeshift container.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings like seasoned salt, ranch dressing powder, or Italian seasoning.
- Close and lock the lid, ensuring the vent is set to sealing.
- Press the Pressure Cook button and set the cooking time to 3 minutes. It will take approximately 5 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- After cooking, perform a quick release of the pressure. Avoid leaving the veggies on Keep Warm for too long, as it may affect their texture.
- Season the dish to your liking, adding more salt or any other desired seasonings. Drizzle with olive oil for a flavorful finishing touch.
Instant Pot Potatoes & Carrots complement a wide range of main courses. Serve them alongside a succulent pork roast or any chicken dish for a satisfying meal. They also make an excellent accompaniment to Pork & Sauerkraut made in the Instant Pot.
Explore More Instant Pot Side Dishes
If you’re looking for more delicious side dish options, try these Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
Share and Connect
If you enjoy this recipe, we invite you to share it on your Pinterest boards. Follow our Pinterest account to discover more mouthwatering recipes. You can also find us on Facebook.
Remember to visit Ekilove for additional recipes and inspiration!
Like it? Pin it!