Are you always on the lookout for quick and delicious dinner ideas? Look no further than our air fryer turkey cutlets! In just 16 minutes, you can enjoy crispy and flavorful breaded turkey cutlets that the whole family will love.
Breaded Turkey Cutlets in Air Fryer
Similar to breaded chicken cutlets, these breaded turkey cutlets in the air fryer are a fantastic option for a quick and easy dinner, especially if you have a busy schedule. By using turkey cutlets instead of whole turkey breasts or tenderloins, you can reduce the roasting time in the air fryer without compromising on flavor.
If you’re a fan of cutlets, we have plenty of recipes for you to try. In addition to our air fryer turkey cutlets, we also have recipes for pan-fried turkey cutlets and air fryer chicken cutlets. They’re all quick, easy, and packed with flavor.
These air fryer turkey cutlets are perfect when you want to serve a delicious dinner that everyone will enjoy. Pair them with air fryer sweet potato slices and air fryer frozen broccolini or green beans for a complete meal. Alternatively, serve them over pasta with marinara sauce or with a simple side salad. However you choose to enjoy them, these air fryer turkey cutlets will not disappoint.
Why You’ll Love This!
There are plenty of reasons why you’ll love our air fryer turkey cutlets:
- They’re ready in just 16 minutes, making them the perfect option for a quick and easy dinner.
- We season our turkey cutlets with garlic salt, Italian breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese, creating a simple yet flavorful combination.
- These turkey cutlets are sugar-free, making them a protein-packed dinner choice.
- Enjoy all the flavor and texture of fried turkey cutlets without the extra oil associated with deep frying.
- We use common kitchen ingredients, keeping this air fryer dinner recipe as simple as possible.
The key to making the best roasted turkey cutlets in the air fryer is the addition of Parmesan cheese to the Italian breadcrumbs and garlic salt. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Turkey cutlets – thinly sliced turkey breast or tenderloins
- Olive oil – extra virgin
- Eggs – large
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
For the exact quantities, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Our air fryer turkey cutlets can easily be adjusted based on what you have in your pantry. Here are a few variations to try:
- Swap plain breadcrumbs or Panko for Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Use mayo instead of eggs.
- Use regular salt mixed with garlic powder instead of garlic salt.
To make our air fryer turkey cutlets, you’ll need an air fryer. We recommend using a Cosori XL basket style air fryer, an Omni Plus oven style air fryer, or a small 3.2L Farberware basket style air fryer. The Cosori was used in this recipe.
If you have specific dietary needs, you can easily adapt our air fryer turkey cutlets recipe:
- Gluten-free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs or omit the breadcrumbs entirely.
- Keto: Omit the breadcrumbs or use crushed pork rinds as a substitute.
Step by Step Instructions
Making these air fryer turkey cutlets is incredibly simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Blot the turkey dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle the turkey cutlets with garlic salt (or regular salt) and pepper on both sides.
- In two shallow bowls or plates, add the beaten eggs to one dish and the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to another.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
- Dip the turkey cutlets into the beaten egg mixture on both sides and then into the breadcrumb mixture, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place the prepared cutlets in the hot air fryer basket or tray.
Temperature and Cook Time
Air fry your turkey cutlets at 400°F. Unlike many recipes, there’s no need to preheat the air fryer beforehand. Lay the uncooked cutlets into the cold air fryer. If your air fryer is smaller, you may need to cook them in batches.
Cook the cutlets at 400°F for approximately 5-7 minutes or until they’re crispy, golden brown, and the internal temperature reaches 165°F when tested with a meat thermometer. There’s no need to flip them over during cooking.
Serve the cutlets as a whole or slice them to serve over pasta with marinara sauce or on a salad.
Here are a few tips to ensure your air fryer turkey cutlets turn out perfectly:
- We used pre-sliced turkey cutlets from Trader Joe’s, but you can also make your own by thinly slicing boneless turkey breasts or tenderloins.
- Cooking the cutlets at a higher temperature, like 400°F, is the key to achieving a crispy crust.
- Keep an eye on your breaded turkey cutlets during cooking as they cook quickly.
- To ensure your turkey cutlets are cooked thoroughly, use a digital meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- If you have a non-stick air fryer basket, do not use non-stick cooking spray.
And there you have it – a delicious and quick dinner option that the whole family will love! Visit our website Ekilove for more inspiring recipes.