Are you ready to indulge in a mouthwatering dish that will leave you craving for more? Look no further than this delectable rib tips recipe. Slow-cooked in the oven and then grilled to perfection, these fall-apart tender morsels are smothered in tangy barbecue sauce, creating a flavor explosion that will satisfy even the most discerning taste buds. Get ready to elevate your grilling game with these irresistible rib tips!
Why This Recipe Works
Rib tips, once considered the “scraps” of a full rack of ribs, have now become the star of the show. These bottom portions, often trimmed off, contain cartilage that turns into tender, meaty morsels when cooked slowly. To take them to the next level, they are lightly charred on the grill and coated in mouthwatering barbecue sauce. It’s no wonder they are hailed as the most flavorful ribs around!
In fact, these rib tips are a family favorite and highly requested in our household. My oldest son couldn’t resist their allure and devoured enough tips for three meals in just one night! Whether enjoyed as an appetizer or as a complete meal with grilled corn on the cob on the side, these rib tips are sure to become a beloved addition to your menu.
Ingredients You Will Need
For your convenience, you can find all the measurements, ingredients, and detailed instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
Ingredient Info and Substitution Suggestions
- Rib Tips: Nowadays, rib tips are widely available in grocery stores. If you can’t find them, you can always ask the butcher to cut them for you from spare ribs.
- Rub: We have opted for a simple salt mixture for our ribs, proving that sometimes less is more! However, feel free to replace our salt mixture with your favorite rib rub or seasonings if you prefer.
How to Make Rib Tips
These step-by-step photos and instructions will guide you through the process of making this tantalizing recipe. If you’d like a printable version with precise measurements and instructions, simply jump to the recipe section at the bottom.
- Rinse the rib tips in cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the seasoning salt and garlic salt evenly over the rib tips.
- Place the seasoned tips in a plastic gallon storage bag and let them marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- About 30 minutes before baking, take the ribs out of the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the seasoned tips on the pan. Cover tightly with more foil.
- Cook the tips in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Approximately 15 minutes before the baking time ends, preheat your grill to 350°F.
- Remove the tips from the oven and check for tenderness using a fork.
EXPERT TIP: If you prefer your ribs even more tender, you can continue baking them for up to an additional hour. But be careful not to make them too tender, as you want to avoid the meat falling off the bone and into the grill grates.
- Brush the rib tips with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Place the sauced tips on the grill and let them cook for 5 minutes. Flip them over, brush with more sauce, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tips to a cutting board and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Toss them in additional barbecue sauce, cover with foil, and allow the ribs to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions & Expert Tips
Rib tips are incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a meal on their own. For a complete barbecue feast, serve them alongside classic sides like corn on the cob, french fries, baked beans, and coleslaw.
More Pork Recipes
If you’re a fan of pork, we have even more delectable recipes for you to try:
- Baked Pork Chops
- Sirloin Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Ribs
In conclusion, these rib tips are a culinary masterpiece that will have you savoring each and every bite. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Ekilove newsletter for daily recipes and more kitchen adventures. It’s time to unleash your grilling prowess and create a feast worth remembering!