If you’re a fan of lasagna, then get ready to be blown away by the irresistible flavors of air fryer lasagna. This recipe takes the traditional lasagna and gives it a modern twist, all while reducing the cleanup! With this simple and quick recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy a mouthwatering lasagna in no time.
Embracing the Differences: Air Fryer Lasagna vs Air Fryer Lasagne
Before we delve into the recipe, let’s address the culinary language divide. Depending on where you’re from, you might spell it “lasagna” or “lasagne.” In British English, it’s typically spelled with an “e” at the end, while in American English, it’s spelled with an “a.” It’s just another example of the delightful differences between the two cultures.
A Tale of Two Lasagnas
Another fascinating aspect about lasagna is how it varies from country to country. In England, the classic lasagne features Bolognese sauce layered between lasagne sheets and smothered in homemade cheese sauce. On the other hand, the American version incorporates ricotta, parmesan, and egg, with slightly different lasagna sheets.
It’s remarkable to explore the diverse interpretations of this beloved dish and appreciate the unique flavors from different corners of the world.
The Easiest Way to Cook Lasagna: Air Frying to the Rescue
Are you new to the air fryer? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Our air fryer mini-course will teach you all the basics in just five days. Plus, our air fryer bucket list is filled with 30 incredible recipes that you can try for free. Just click the hyperlink below and gain instant access!
Yes, You Can Cook Lasagna in an Air Fryer!
Believe it or not, air frying lasagna is not only possible, but it also yields amazing results. In fact, making lasagna in the air fryer is much easier and faster than using traditional methods. You can use the same container to cook the meat as well as the lasagna, and the cleanup is a breeze thanks to the silicone container.
The #1 Air Fryer Lasagna Trick
We all know that waiting for lasagna to cook in the oven can be excruciating. However, there’s a little trick that can speed up the process. Soak your dried lasagne sheets in water before using them. This simple trick ensures they cook in no time, giving you a delicious lasagna without the long wait.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Mince: Approximately 750g, which is around 1.5 lb. You can use mixed mince or stick to beef.
- Onion: Start by air frying some onions to add extra flavor to your lasagna.
- Tomatoes: Use tinned tomatoes and tomato puree to create a quick Bolognese-style sauce.
- Garlic: Add a generous amount of garlic to enhance the taste of your lasagna.
- Lasagna Sheets: You can use dried lasagne sheets that you soak to turn into fresh lasagna, or opt for fresh ones.
- Seasonings: Don’t forget to season your lasagna with salt, pepper, parsley, and oregano.
- Sauce: You’ll need a cheese sauce. We recommend our soup maker cheese sauce or our Thermomix cheese sauce.
- Kitchen Gadgets: The Philips air fryer is perfect for this recipe.
How to Cook Lasagna in an Air Fryer: Step by Step
- Start by peeling and dicing your onions and air frying them with a little extra virgin olive oil spray.
- While the onions are cooking, soak the lasagne sheets in water until they transform from dried to fresh. Then drain and set aside.
- Transfer the cooked onions to a silicone container and add the mince, garlic, and seasonings. Air fry the mince, stirring occasionally.
- Move the cooked mince to a mixing bowl and add tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Layer the mince, lasagne sheets, and cheese sauce in the silicone container.
- Place the silicone container in the air fryer and cook at 180°C/360°F.
- Once the air fryer beeps, your lasagna is ready to be served with some air fryer garlic bread and a fresh salad.
How Long to Cook Lasagna in an Air Fryer?
The total cooking time for air fryer lasagna is just 27 minutes, much quicker than using an oven. This includes cooking the onions for 3 minutes, the mince for 9 minutes, and baking the lasagna for 15 minutes.
What Temperature Should I Cook Lasagna?
The best temperature for this air fryer lasagna recipe is 180°C/360°F. This ensures that the lasagna cooks through without being undercooked in the center.
Enjoy Your Air Fryer Lasagna!
Once cooked, your lasagna will stay fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge. Simply store it in the silicone container until you’re ready to reheat it.
So, what are you waiting for? Give this air fryer lasagna recipe a try and experience the delectable flavors for yourself. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest recipes, exclusive VIP content, and much more!