Fantastic Roasted Chicken for a quick weeknight meal
This recipe is great for any day of the year and all seasons. These are the top reasons why we think you’re going to like it too:
- chicken is quickly roasted (in about 35 – 40 minutes)
- it’s juicy, golden-brown, and crispy outside
- the prep is effortless
- it feeds the whole family, and you can easily store or freeze any leftovers
How to make this Roasted Half Chicken at home
Making this roasted half chicken at home is quick and straightforward. You can make it if you’re a beginner cook or advanced. We need three ingredients: whole chicken, canola oil, and spice mix. You can make your roasted chicken spice mix at home, or you can buy your favorite in your local store. We used this Kotanyi Roast chicken spice mix in this recipe. You can find the whole recipe with instructions below; here’s a quick overview for easier prep.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the whole chicken in half.
- Season with spices and oil.
- Roast in the oven.
- Cut into slices and serve with your favorite side.
What to serve with Roasted Half Chicken
We can serve this sliced baked half chicken in salads, wraps, add to pasta, wrap in a tortilla or you can slice it and serve with your favorite side dish. We recommend:
- Kale Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potato
- Grilled Asparagus with White Beans
- Mlinci (baked noodles)
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Pancetta and Chestnuts
- Orange Glazed Carrots
- Baked Potato Wedges with Yogurt Dip
Storing and freezing
There are two ways to store this delicious roast chicken.
Keep the chilled homemade Roasted Half Chicken, in the fridge, for up to 4 days. Before serving, reheat in the microwave oven or using a skillet.
Feel free to freeze the Roasted Half Chicken too. Place it in a freezer-friendly container and place it in the freezer for up to a month. Before serving, defrost at room temperature (or in the fridge overnight), then reheat in the microwave oven or using a skillet.
Try these delicious chicken recipes too
- Roast Chicken with New Potatoes
- Perfect Crispy Roast Chicken
- Simple Chicken Paprikas
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
- Smoked Paprika Chicken Wings
- Sticky Chicken Wings
- Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs with Carrots