This Instant Pot Ground Beef is so easy to make – read on for ideas on how to use it, plus how to pressure cook frozen ground beef!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Extra-lean ground beef – another ground beef variant that isn’t extra lean will work but will affect the nutritional information. You can also use this recipe to make ground turkey, chicken, pork, etc.
- Beef broth – beef broth is best but vegetable broth will work in a pinch.
How to cook ground beef in the Instant Pot
Step 1: Prep your ingredients.
Heat Instant Pot on saute mode.
Step 2: Sauté the ground beef.
Add ground beef, breaking up and browning for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Turn off saute mode and pour in beef broth.
Step 3: Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Press the pressure cook button and set to high, then cook for 2 minutes. Instant Pot will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure then pressure cook for 2 minutes.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
Do a quick release of the pressure on the Instant Pot by flicking the switch at the top with a spoon. Open the lid when pressure gauge has dropped and the lid opens easily. Serve ground beef with a slotted spoon, draining liquid. Enjoy!
What to make with ground beef
Ground beef is such a versatile ingredient for so many lunch and dinner recipes! If you’re looking for Instant Pot ground beef recipes, here are some ideas:
- Make chili cheese fries
- Add leftover ground beef to nachos for extra protein
- Work it into a casserole dish
- Make a stir fry or rice bowl
- Add it to tacos or quesadillas
- Make a hearty chili
- Turn it into stuffed peppers
Frequently Asked Questions
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover Instant Pot ground beef that you won’t be using immediately in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. It’s a great option for meal prep! When you’re ready to use your ground beef, you can warm it up in the microwave for 2 minutes or heat it up in a pan on the stovetop.
Freezing this recipe
If you want to extend the life of your ground beef, you can freeze the cooked ground beef for up to 3 months in airtight containers or freezer-safe Ziploc bags. Make sure the beef has fully cooled before packing it up.
Let it defrost in the fridge overnight then reheat as normal and use it to make any Instant Pot ground beef recipes. You could also directly sauté the meat from frozen in a pan on the stovetop until heated throughout.
More Instant Pot beef recipes
- 15 Easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef Bourgiugnon
- The Easiest Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 30 Instant Pot Beef Recipes Your Family Will Love
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Grab some glass meal prep bowls if you plan on turning the ground beef into your weekly lunches.
- I get all my meat from Butcher Box, conveniently delivered to me frozen.
- Use these Ziploc bag holders if you’re marinating the beef then freezing it for future use.
- Freeze this recipe in glass microwave-safe bowls for up to 3 months.