Your family will be delighted by the crispy and delicious frozen Texas Toast cooked in the air fryer! Whether you have fresh or frozen slices, these irresistible toasts will be ready in just 10 minutes or less.
Are you looking for an easy bread to accompany your main course that isn’t dinner rolls? Or perhaps you want something amazing to dip in your soup? Or maybe you’re assembling the most delicious sandwich ever? No matter the case, you have to try making Texas Toast in the air fryer!
Thick slices of bread with a golden-brown crust on the outside are the perfect complement to any meal. Thanks to the magic of the air fryer, this tasty bread side can be ready in no time!
What You’ll Learn in this Post:
- How to make air fryer Texas Toast from fresh or frozen slices
- Tips for achieving the most amazing thick and crispy slices every time
- The best brands to use for this Texas Toast air fryer recipe
- What to serve with Texas Toast
If your family is anything like mine, they will never say no to Texas Toast. Just the smell is enough to bring them all running to the table!
How to Make Fresh Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Place the Texas Toast slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not overlapping.
STEP TWO: Air fry them at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through the cooking time.
How to Make Frozen Texas Toast in the Air Fryer
- Place the frozen Texas Toast slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not overlapping.
- Air fry them at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, flipping the slices halfway through the cooking time.
If you’re making frozen cheese Texas Toast, the instructions are slightly different!
- Place the frozen cheese Texas Toast slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not overlapping.
- Air fry them at 350 degrees F for 6-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. Do not flip.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Don’t overcrowd the basket! The key to super-crispy toast is ensuring that the air can circulate around each slice. Overcrowding will also make the toast take longer to cook.
- If you’re making fresh or frozen Texas Toast, be sure to flip halfway through the cooking time for the most even results. However, if you’re making cheesy Texas Toast, skip the flipping so that the cheese doesn’t fall off the slice.
- Since Texas Toast already contains butter, you don’t need to spray the air fryer basket. Over-greasing could prevent the slices from becoming crispy.
What is Texas Toast?
Some people may tell you that Texas Toast is simply white bread brushed with garlic butter, similar to garlic bread. But in my opinion, there’s a little more to it than that!
Everything’s bigger in Texas, so it makes sense that the bread used for this recipe is about twice the thickness of regular white bread. Each slice is generously buttered on both sides, and traditional recipes call for broiling or grilling the bread until it becomes toasty and golden brown.
For this recipe, we let the air fryer do the work to achieve crispy perfection. It’s my favorite method for getting perfect, hearty slices every time!
What Brand of Texas Toast Should You Use?
Whichever brand you prefer! Pepperidge Farm and New York Bakery are two of my favorite options, but feel free to use whatever is most convenient for you.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you could even make your own Texas Toast! Start with a loaf of white bread sliced to about twice the thickness of standard white bread. Melt some butter in the microwave, add garlic powder and salt, brush it onto the slices, and follow the instructions for fresh Texas Toast in the air fryer as usual.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Instant Pot Navy Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Steak
- Frozen Ham in the Instant Pot
- Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- Tri Tip Crock Pot
Other Air Fryer Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Cornbread
- Air Fryer Crescent Rolls
- Toast in the Air Fryer
If you love air frying, join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
Remember, for delightful recipes like this and more, visit Ekilove!