Are you looking for a quick and easy yet delicious dinner option? Look no further than Ninja Foodi Beef Stew! With the Ninja Foodi, you can create a mouthwatering beef stew that is tender, flavorful, and hassle-free. Forget about multiple pots and pans – everything is cooked in one pot, making cleanup a breeze. Let’s dive into the recipe and explore how to make this scrumptious dish!
How To Make Beef Stew In A Ninja Foodi
If you own a Ninja Foodi, you’re in luck! This recipe utilizes the pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi to achieve perfect results. However, don’t worry if you don’t have one – the slow cooker option works just as well. To try the slow cooker version, check out my Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe.
I have personally tested this recipe in various multicookers, including the Instant Pot and the Pressure King Pro. Rest assured, your Ninja Foodi isn’t the only option to enjoy this delectable stew.
What You Need
To create the ultimate beef stew, gather the following ingredients:
- Diced Stewing Beef: Look for cheaper cuts of beef, such as “braising steak” or “stewing beef,” as they are perfect for pressure cooking.
- Vegetables: Choose a variety of casserole vegetables like carrots, potatoes, celery, and leeks. If you plan to add broccoli or quick-cooking vegetables, save them for the end.
- Stock: Prepare 800ml to 1L of beef stock using 2 beef stock cubes or pots.
- Other: Enhance the flavor of your beef stew with bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, dried mixed herbs, tomato puree, salt, and pepper.
Ready to get cooking? Let’s do it!
The Cooking Process
- Start by switching on your Ninja Foodi and setting it to the sauté function. Heat a small amount of oil in the pot, then add the beef, searing it on all sides. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape off any brown bits that may have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients to the pot and give everything a good stir.
- Switch the Ninja Foodi from sauté to the pressure cooker function, and set it to high pressure for 30 minutes. Keep in mind that it may take around 15 minutes for the pot to reach the desired pressure, so adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Once the cooking time is complete, allow the Ninja Foodi to release pressure naturally for at least 10 minutes. This helps to ensure the meat is perfectly tender while ensuring safety when dealing with hot liquid in a pressure cooker.
After the natural release, you can perform a quick release of any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and switch on the sauté function. If the liquid is too thin, you can thicken it by adding gravy granules or a cornflour slurry. As the stew simmers, the liquid will also reduce and thicken naturally.
- For an extra nutritional boost, add broccoli, peas, or your favorite green vegetables to the stew. Gently boil them until they reach the desired tenderness.
- Finally, remove the dried bay leaves, serve the stew in bowls, and get ready to enjoy a heartwarming meal.
Share Your Thoughts!
I hope you have fallen in love with this Ninja Foodi Beef Stew recipe as much as I have. It’s a fantastic way to savor the rich flavors of beef and vegetables in a comforting, one-pot dish. If you decide to give it a try, don’t forget to let me know your thoughts in the comments section below! And remember, for more delicious recipes and cooking inspiration, visit Ekilove. Happy cooking!