Whether you’re a lash artist just starting out or a professional seeking an upgrade, providing your clients with a flawless lash experience begins with the perfect lighting system. Achieving accurate lash application and isolation requires clear visibility, but you also don’t want a bulky, unattractive design that is difficult to position.
In my lash salons, I’ve had the opportunity to test several models of the two most popular lights for eyelash extensions: Glamcor and Ring Light. After careful consideration, I decided to equip my studios with the Glamcor light. Let’s dive into the details!
What Are the Best Lights for Eyelash Extensions?
1. Best Overall: Glamcor Elite X
The Glamcor Elite X light is a professional-grade, adjustable LED light that comes with a carrying case, power adapter, and instructions. Not only does it provide optimal lighting for your lash studio, but it also has a sleek and modern design, complementing any space.
One of the standout features of the Glamcor light is its two staggered arms, which can be bent across a client’s bed to achieve the perfect lighting angle. This unique design allows for maximum flexibility and precision during lash application.
In terms of lighting quality, the Glamcor features HD Daylight lighting with 5,600K and 5 brightness settings. Adjusting the brightness is as simple as touching the sensor on the side of the lamp. However, unlike a ring light, the brightness levels are not seamlessly adjustable.
What sets the Glamcor light apart is its portability. It is lightweight and comes with thin tripod legs that won’t take up excessive space in your salon. The collapsible stand also makes storage a breeze. Additionally, setting up the Glamcor light is hassle-free, requiring no assembly.
- 5,600K HD Daylight LEDs
- 2 flexible arms
- 5 brightness settings
- 336 LEDs (previous models had only 120 LEDs)
Pros and Cons:
What’s to like?
- The two staggered arms provide the ideal lighting angle.
- Sleek and stylish design.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easy setup and takedown.
What’s not to like?
- Higher price compared to competitors.
- Not dimmable – limited to 5 brightness settings.
If you want to further enhance your lash game, Glamcor offers two attractive models: the Revolution X and the Ultra X.
The Revolution X is an upgraded version of the Elite X light, featuring the same lighting capabilities. However, it boasts one arm that is longer than the other, making it perfect for lash artists using larger beds.
For makeup artists, the Ultra X is the top-of-the-line Glamcor option. It offers bi-color functionality, allowing you to change the color temperature from cold to warm. Makeup artists appreciate this feature as it affects how colors appear under different temperature settings.
I have personally chosen both the Elite X and Revolution X lights for my lash studios. If you’re seeking a high-quality, professional-grade lamp that will take your lash game to the next level, I highly recommend the Glamcor!
Let’s address the elephant in the room: Glamcor lights are certainly on the pricier side. However, in my experience, they are worth the investment, especially if you plan on pursuing lash extensions for the long term.
Although the Ultra X model offers bi-color functionality, I haven’t found it necessary. The Elite X and Revolution X lights have provided excellent lighting for my pictures, making the bi-color feature less essential.
Best Value: Neewer Ring Light
The Neewer Ring Light is an LED light that comes with a phone holder and a tripod. The phone holder is a game-changer, allowing you to capture pictures or videos of your work without the need for an extra device or your own hands.
One of the main advantages of the ring light is that it eliminates any dark shadows cast on your work, as the phone is centered within the ring lamp.
Personally, I find the picture and video quality of my phone to be just as good as that of my more expensive camera. This means I no longer rely on my DSLR camera for close-up lash extension photos for social media. Additionally, the ring light is compact and convenient for taking close-up shots.
While the Neewer Ring Light offers excellent lighting, it is bulkier and heavier compared to the Glamcor options. If you often provide lash services on the go, this might not be the ideal choice.
The intensity of the Neewer Ring Light can be adjusted from 1% to 100% by turning a button. The head can also be positioned at a 90° angle to avoid any cast shadows.
- Comes with 2 color filters (White and Orange) for adjusting the temperature from 3200K to 5600K.
- 18-inch diameter LED ring light, providing full coverage of your client’s eyelashes.
- Dimmable from 1% to 100%.
- An aluminum stand with a maximum height of 61 inches.
Pros and Cons:
What’s to like?
- The phone holder is incredibly useful for capturing pictures of your client’s eyelashes.
- The 18-inch diameter ensures full coverage of the lashes without casting shadows.
- Affordable compared to other options.
What’s not to like?
- The ring light is bulkier and heavier, making it less suitable for mobile lash artists.
- The tripod takes up significant space next to the lash bed, which might be an issue in smaller rooms.
The Neewer 18-inch RGB Ring Light is an upgraded version of the standard 18-inch ring light. For a slightly higher price, you gain the ability to adjust the color temperature and experiment with various color effects in your photos.
Additionally, the flexible gooseneck allows you to position the head in any direction, enabling you to capture photos from different angles.
I initially purchased the Neewer Ring Light when I started my lash journey, and I still use it today for my social media content at home. It is a fantastic budget-friendly option that provides excellent lighting for all the pictures and videos you want to share.
If you’re looking for an affordable alternative that won’t break the bank, I highly recommend the Neewer Ring Light.
How They Stack Up
Eyelash Extension Light Buying Guide
When purchasing a lamp for your lash endeavors, consider these important characteristics:
- Color: Opt for a white light that provides clear visibility of your work.
- Intensity: Choose a bright light that allows you to see the eyelashes clearly. Progressive dimming is ideal, but different levels of brightness can also be effective.
- Size: Consider the coverage you need to see your client’s face. A tiny light may cast shadows, so be mindful of the size. Additionally, don’t overlook the tripod’s size and ensure it fits comfortably next to your lash bed without obstructing movement.
- Price: Find a lamp that fits your budget. While it is important to consider cost, view your equipment as an investment in your business.
- Weight: If you plan on providing lash services outside of your studio, opt for a lightweight model.
As an SEO specialist with expertise in copywriting and branding, I can help craft engaging and informative articles that align with the brand’s values and target audience. My experience in incorporating SEO strategies ensures that the content is optimized for search engines while maintaining a conversational and approachable tone. Contact me to discuss your content needs and let’s create captivating articles that drive traffic and engagement.