So, you’ve fallen in love with your stunning eyelash extensions—congrats! These extensions can truly elevate your lash game to a whole new level. But here’s a question I often get asked: Can I use an eyelash serum with my extensions?
To keep your natural lashes healthy while wearing extensions, it’s definitely worth considering using a lash serum specifically formulated for extensions.
Choosing the Right Lash Serum for Extensions
Let’s dive into the process of selecting the perfect lash serum for your extensions. First things first, it’s important to mention that our very own LashLuxury Daily Eyelash Serum is specially designed without oils, making it safe to use with eyelash extensions. You can find it here.
The Benefits of Eyelash Extensions
If you’re a fan of round-the-clock luscious lashes, extensions are a game-changer compared to applying layers of mascara daily. Plus, you won’t have to deal with a daily cleansing routine, giving you more time to enjoy your fabulous lashes. Just visit your friendly lash technician every 6-8 weeks to keep up the maintenance.
Using a lash serum helps maintain healthy lashes while you have extensions, as this crucial step prevents them from becoming weak, damaged, or even permanently ruined.
Top 5 Tips for Choosing a Lash Serum with Extensions
Here are our top five things to remember when selecting a lash serum to use with your extensions:
- Yes, lash serums are safe to use with extensions: Rest assured, using a lash serum while wearing extensions is absolutely safe, especially if you plan to rock your extensions for more than six months.
- Pick a lash serum that doesn’t contain oil: Many eyelash serums on the market contain oils, such as castor oil, coconut oil, and almond oil. But oils can dissolve the glue used in lash extensions, so it’s best to keep them away from your eyes while wearing extensions.
- Make sure your lash serum has vitamins in its formula: Your natural lashes work hard to support the weight of extensions. Some glues can also irritate your lash line, causing dehydration. Look for lash serums that contain vitamins like Panthenol (vitamin B-5), Biotin (vitamin B-7), and Vitamin E to keep your lashes nourished and hydrated while preventing breakage.
- Don’t overuse the serum: Most lash serums are packed with lash-boosting ingredients and only require a single dip of the applicator for both eyes. This is especially important to remember when wearing extensions, as using too much serum could weaken the glue and lead to faster extension loss.
- Apply the lash serum in the morning: While lash extensions require less daily maintenance than mascara, applying a lash serum daily is essential for keeping your lashes healthy. For best results, apply your serum in the morning. This reduces the chances of the serum getting into your eyes, minimizes the potential for irritation (our eyes are more sensitive when we sleep), and ensures a clean face without the risk of particles getting in your eyes. If you choose to apply the serum at night, wait a few minutes before going to bed to avoid irritation or infection.
By following these five tips, you’ll keep your lashes healthy while rocking those fabulous eyelash extensions!
Answering Your Burning Questions
Question 1: Can I Really Use a Lash Serum With My Extensions?
Absolutely! Using a lash serum while wearing extensions not only keeps your lashes healthy but can also reduce the time needed to repair your natural lashes. Especially if you plan on wearing extensions for more than six months, many lash technicians recommend taking a break for about 4-6 weeks to allow your lashes to rejuvenate naturally.
Pro tip: You can speed up the healing process during your break by using a lash serum.
Question 2: Why Should I Pick a Lash Serum Without Oil?
Oils, like castor oil and coconut oil, are often found in many lash serums. However, these oils can dissolve the glue used in extensions, leading to premature shedding. To ensure your extensions stay put for as long as possible, it’s wise to avoid lash serums with oils in their ingredient lists.
Question 3: Are Vitamins Important in a Lash Serum?
Absolutely! Lash extensions add extra weight to your natural lashes, which can put them under stress. Additionally, some glues used in extensions may cause irritation and prevent adequate hydration. Look for lash serums containing vitamins like Panthenol (vitamin B-5), Biotin (vitamin B-7), and Vitamin E. These vitamins will nourish and hydrate your lashes, ensuring they stay strong and resilient while wearing extensions.
Question 4: Can I Over-Apply the Lash Serum?
No, over-applying lash serum can have similar effects to using oils. Excessive serum application may weaken the glue, resulting in faster extension loss. Just remember, one dip and two gentle swipes are all you need to achieve optimal results.
Question 5: When Should I Apply the Lash Serum?
Ideally, apply the lash serum in the morning. This minimizes the chances of the serum getting into your eyes, reduces the potential for irritation, and takes advantage of your freshly cleaned face, lowering the risk of particles entering your eyes. If you choose to apply the serum at night, wait a few minutes before heading to bed to avoid any irritation or potential infection.
Choosing a lash serum for extensions requires a little bit of ingredient homework. Our top recommendation is our very own LashLuxury Daily Eyelash Serum, formulated with your lash health in mind. We truly believe it’s the best option for all lash lovers out there. Pardon our bias, but we wouldn’t dare recommend any other brands—trust us, we’ve got you covered!
If you enjoyed this article, why not share it with a friend? Together, you can both enjoy the benefits of beautiful lashes. And if you’re ready to try our introductory-sized serum, head over to our website to purchase the LashLuxury – Daily Eyelash Serum for $75.00 CAD.
Other Articles You Might Like:
- The best lash serum for women
- Why don’t my eyelashes stay curled?
- The definitive guide to eyelash growth serums
- How to repair damaged lashes