Pressed from the avocado fruit, avocado oil has found its way into numerous cosmetic and skincare products. But what about its impact on eyelashes? Can avocado oil really make a difference? In this article, we will delve into the hidden benefits of avocado oil for eyelashes.
Avocado oil is packed with monounsaturated fatty acids, which stimulate blood flow in hair follicles. This boost in circulation contributes to the growth of lush and healthy lashes. Additionally, the high concentration of antioxidants in avocado oil provides lashes with a protective layer against damaging environmental factors.
Benefits of Avocado Oil
Brimming with healthy fats, avocado oil offers a plethora of health benefits. Let’s explore some of them:
- With a content of 70% oleic acid, avocado oil is classified as a healthy fat.
- Avocado oil is a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids, which are linked to good heart health.
- The presence of lutein in avocado oil promotes healthy eyes and reduces the risk of conditions like cataracts.
- Consuming avocado oil aids in the absorption of other nutrients.
- Extracts from avocado oil have been found to alleviate the pain associated with arthritis.
- Avocado oil’s high content of vitamins A and E supports a healthy skin membrane.
- It can be used as part of psoriasis treatments.
- Packed with antioxidants, avocado oil helps combat free radicals, reducing the risk of illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Extremely versatile, avocado oil can be easily incorporated into your diet by drizzling it over a salad or using it as a baking ingredient.
3 Reasons Avocado Oil Is Good For Eyelashes
Avocado oil is truly a powerhouse when it comes to nourishing lashes. Here are three key reasons why it is beneficial:
1. Avocado Oil Can Help Grow Eyelashes
Avocado oil contains high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids. In fact, it contains twice the amount found in olive oil. These fatty acids stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, allowing more nutrients to reach and nourish them. As a result, eyelashes can grow longer and stronger.
Rich in antioxidants, avocado oil provides a natural shield for your eyelashes against external factors that can damage them. It helps them stay healthy and vibrant.
3. Vitamin E
Avocado oil is also a great source of vitamin E, offering additional protection and strength to your lashes. This vitamin supports the growth of healthy and resilient lashes.
How To Use Avocado Oil For Eyelashes
Using avocado oil for your eyelashes is a breeze. You have two options: you can either purchase avocado oil or make your own using the guide below.
You will need:
- 12 avocados
- Sharp knife
- Medium saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Thin cloth or muslin cloth
- Cotton swab or clean mascara wand
- Wash the avocados and cut them in half, removing the stones.
- Peel the avocados and place them in a blender.
- Blend them until you obtain a smooth creamy paste.
- Transfer the avocado paste to a saucepan and cook it over medium heat.
- Stir the avocado paste regularly.
- As it starts to boil, continue stirring until it becomes dark green or brown.
- Transfer the cooked avocado paste into a clean bowl.
- Place the cloth over the avocado and bowl, then turn it upside down.
- Secure the avocado in the cloth and squeeze out the oil into the bowl.
- Pour the oil into a container.
- You can now apply the avocado oil to your lashes using a cotton swab or clean mascara wand.
- Try to work the oil in as close to the root of your lashes as possible.
Risks And Warnings Of Using Avocado Oil
While natural oils, including avocado oil, are generally safe to use on eyelashes, it’s important to consider a few factors:
- If you have recently done a DIY lash lift, it’s best to avoid using avocado oil as it may adversely affect the adhesive used.
- If you are allergic to avocados, it goes without saying that you should steer clear of avocado oil. It’s worth noting that many individuals who are allergic to latex also tend to be allergic to avocados.
- When purchasing avocado oil, opt for a reputable source. Look for organic certification, unrefined oil, and cold-pressed varieties.
- As with any new product, perform a patch test by applying the oil to a small area of skin behind your ear and leaving it for 24 hours. If there are no adverse reactions, it should be safe to use.
Avocado oil offers not only overall health benefits but also specific advantages for your eyelashes. By incorporating this nutrient-dense oil into your daily routine, you can nourish your lashes and be proud of their length and vitality.