Are you in search of a quick, easy, and incredibly delicious dinner? Look no further than Trader Joe’s Carne Asada Tacos! Whether you prefer steak, chicken, or pork, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. As a busy parent with four kids, I understand the need for a hassle-free and tasty meal after a long day. That’s why I rely on Trader Joe’s pre-marinated meat, which never disappoints. It’s a perfect option to keep frozen on hand for those busy days. In just 20 minutes, you can whip up this mouthwatering dish!
How to Make Trader Joe’s Carne Asada
- 1 package Corn & Wheat Tortillas (give them a try!)
- 1 package of pre-marinated Carne Asada
- 1 container of Mango Slaw (you can substitute with shredded lettuce, pico, and Cilantro dressing if your TJ’s doesn’t carry it. The homemade mango slaw comprises finely sliced cabbage, jicama, and mangoes, topped with chopped cilantro. The dressing is a tantalizing mix of rice wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, a hint of mango or orange juice, garlic, and crushed red pepper.)
- Preheat your grill or grill pan on high heat. I highly recommend using a stovetop grill pan – it’s been my go-to for years!
- Once heated, add your thinly sliced carne asada to the grill. The meat cooks quickly—around 4-5 minutes per side if you like it slightly pink.
- While the meat is cooking on the front half of the grill, warm a couple of tortillas on the back for about 45 seconds per side.
- Once the meat is done, remove it from the heat and let it rest on a cutting board for approximately 5 minutes. Then, slice it nice and thin.
- It’s that simple! Now you’re ready to assemble your tantalizing tacos.
How to Serve It
Here’s my favorite way to serve these mouthwatering tacos:
- For the little ones, take a tortilla straight off the grill and add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Top it off with the delicious carne asada meat and avocado.
- For the adults, remove the tortilla from the grill and place a few pieces of meat on it. Add mango slaw, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, sour cream, and a squeeze of lime.
- If you’re not in the mood for a traditional taco, substitute the tortilla with a bed of spinach. It’s equally delightful!
I’m always thrilled to share this recipe because I know it will be loved! Not only is it a fantastic family meal, but it’s also perfect for parties. In fact, my girls love to help me cook this recipe. The best part is that you can personalize your tacos in any way you like. Plus, the leftover meat is incredibly versatile. You can use it in burrito bowls, breakfast burritos, with eggs, or on a salad for a delightful lunch the next day.
For more taco inspiration, visit Ekilove.
Looking for more delicious recipes? Try these out:
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Protein Guacamole
- Air Popped Popcorn
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Lemon Chicken Soup
- Protein Fudge
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- White Chicken Chili
- Protein Balls
- Chicken Tomatillo Soup
- Protein Date Shake