For those nights when you need a fast and easy meal, look no further than this 10-minute Instant Pot Spaghetti. With seasoned beef, tender noodles, and a delectable sauce, it’s a dish that will satisfy your cravings in no time. Italian comfort food at its finest!
Instant Pot Spaghetti: A Time-Saving Delight
Instant Pot cooking has revolutionized how we prepare meals. With this amazing kitchen gadget, you can cook dinner in half the time, all in one pot. While instant pot spaghetti may not be authentically Italian, it’s definitely inspired by the flavors and simplicity of Italian cuisine. It’s the perfect meal for those chaotic days when you just need something hassle-free. Forget about the mess and fuss – this hands-off recipe will be loved by everyone. Spaghetti is a go-to comfort food that everyone enjoys, and now it’s even faster with the Instant Pot. The pasta, meat, and sauce all cook together in perfect harmony. It’s rich, hearty, and guaranteed to satisfy your hunger and please your family.
Now, I know it may seem counterintuitive to cook the noodles with the sauce, but trust me, it works like magic. The temptation to stir may arise, but resist it. This recipe goes against your cooking instincts, but the result is surprisingly easy and delicious. Once you try cooking everything in the same pot at the same time, you might never go back to traditional spaghetti again. Believe me, this method works wonders, and it will leave you wondering why you never thought of it before. So on those days when you forgot to plan ahead, fear not. Just reach for your pantry staples, set the table, and enjoy a meal that’s both effortless and satisfying.
Quick and Easy Spaghetti Ingredients
Jarred marinara sauce is the secret to making this recipe super easy, especially on those busy nights when you need a shortcut. However, if you prefer, you can make your own spaghetti sauce from scratch. Whichever option you choose, rest assured that the end result will be delicious.
- Olive Oil: To prevent the beef from sticking to the pot.
- Ground Beef: Opt for lean ground beef for a healthier option.
- Italian Seasoning: Enhances the flavor of the beef.
- Garlic Powder: Because Italian food can never have enough garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust to taste.
- Spaghetti Noodles: Break the noodles beforehand and layer them in a criss-cross pattern for even cooking.
- Marinara Sauce: Two jars of your favorite store-bought sauce or try this homemade equivalent for an extra special touch.
- Water: Needed to cook the noodles to perfection.
How to Make Spaghetti in an Instant Pot
Cooking the noodles with the sauce in the Instant Pot makes this recipe incredibly fast and easy. With all the work done in a single pot, you’ll have less mess and more time to enjoy the things you love while still putting a hearty meal on the table.
- Sauté: Set a 6-quart Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add the olive oil, ground beef, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook and crumble the beef until it’s no longer pink.
- Add: Break the spaghetti noodles in half and layer them in a criss-cross pattern to prevent sticking.
- Pour: Pour the marinara sauce and water over the noodles.
- Cook: Close the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 5-7 minutes. Use the quick release method and wait for the cycle to complete before unlocking. Stir everything together and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
Tips for the Best Instant Pot Spaghetti
You’re going to love how easy and convenient this recipe is. Sometimes, all you need is a quick and delicious meal that doesn’t require spending too much time in the kitchen. If you have a bit more time to spare, consider making Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Potatoes or Incredible Homemade Calzone. They’re always family favorites!
- Noodles: Make sure to layer the noodles in a criss-cross pattern to prevent them from sticking together as they cook. Since stirring is not possible during cooking, this technique ensures perfectly cooked individual strands.
- Swap: Take this opportunity to use whole wheat noodles and sneak in some extra fiber and protein. The best part? No one will even notice the difference because everything cooks together.
- Meat: Feel free to use ground turkey, ground chicken, or Italian sausage instead of beef. All of these options work well in this recipe and add a unique flavor profile.
- Scrape: After browning the meat, add about a cup of water to the instant pot and scrape the bottom. This prevents the “burn” notification from appearing during cooking.
- Water: If you’re using jarred marinara sauce, place the water in the empty jars and “rinse” all the goodness into your spaghetti. Waste not, want not!
- Avoid: Resist the urge to stir the noodles once they’re in the pot. Stirring can cause the noodles to become gummy and stick together. Just let them cook undisturbed.
- Creamy: Want a creamier sauce? Add two large tablespoons or more of cream cheese when the spaghetti is finished cooking. Gently stir until the cream cheese melts and is fully incorporated.
- More Flavor: If you desire an extra punch of flavor, add an additional half to one teaspoon of Italian seasoning. This can be especially helpful if your marinara sauce seems a little bland. Aim for a robust and full-bodied sauce.
- Watery: Don’t panic if the spaghetti seems watery when you initially remove the lid. Give it a good stir and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. The sauce will gradually thicken as it cools slightly.
Freezing and Storing Spaghetti
If by some miracle you have leftovers, you’re in luck! Spaghetti always tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had time to meld together. One of my personal favorites for leftovers is Baked Chicken Spaghetti – it’s absolutely delicious. So, secretly hope for leftovers just so you can enjoy them the next day for lunch. Warm them up, grab a slice of bread, and you’re all set!
- Storing: Like most dishes, this spaghetti can be kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, allowing you to enjoy it for several meals.
- Freeze: This spaghetti freezes exceptionally well for 3-4 months. To ensure the best texture, slightly undercook the noodles before freezing. The quick release valve will prevent overcooking. Once the spaghetti has completely cooled, portion it out into individual freezer-safe containers or bags. When you’re ready to eat, thaw it overnight in the fridge and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Enjoy your delicious homemade spaghetti without any extra effort!
More Italian-Inspired Recipes
Italian cuisine offers a wide array of scrumptious dishes, from soups to seafood. The combination of spices and sauces creates incredible flavors that are truly comforting. Plus, many Italian recipes come together quickly, making them perfect for busy days. Try these mouthwatering Italian winners tonight:
- Classic Italian Wedding Soup
- Three Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Quick and Easy Stromboli
- The Best Lasagna Recipe EVER
- Grilled Lemon Garlic Scallops
Enjoy the simplicity and deliciousness of this quick and easy spaghetti recipe. Cooking has never been more convenient with the Instant Pot. So gather your ingredients, follow the steps, and savor a homemade Italian-inspired meal. Buon appetito!