Who doesn’t love sliders? They’re perfect for game day parties, quick family lunches, or dinners. If you want to save time and effort while still enjoying a delicious meal, we’ll show you how to cook sliders in the air fryer. With our step-by-step guide, you’ll have perfectly cooked sliders in no time!
Can You Cook Sliders in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely! Whether you’re using fresh or frozen sliders, the air fryer is a fantastic tool to speed up the cooking process and minimize the mess. Let’s get started with making sliders in the air fryer.
What You’ll Need:
- Ground beef
- Salt and pepper or burger seasoning
- Cheese slices (optional)
- Slider buns
How to Cook Sliders in the Air Fryer
- Begin by breaking one pound of ground beef into 8 to 10 mini patties, depending on your preferred size. Roll each section into a ball and flatten it into a disk shape with your hands.
- Season both sides of the burger patties with salt and pepper or your favorite burger seasoning. Place four to five patties inside the basket of the air fryer, ensuring they’re not touching each other to ensure even cooking. You may need to cook sliders in batches.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Once preheated, place the basket with the sliders into the air fryer. Cook for a total of 8 minutes, flipping the sliders after 4 minutes.
- If you want cheeseburger sliders, add a small slice of cheese on top of each patty after cooking. Return the basket to the warm air fryer for one minute to melt the cheese. Then, transfer the sliders to the slider buns and serve.
Cooking Frozen Sliders in the Air Fryer
Using the air fryer to heat frozen sliders, such as White Castle burgers, is a game-changer. Not only does it prevent the sogginess that often results from microwaving, but it also gives you a deliciously crispy bun.
To cook frozen sliders in the air fryer, follow these steps:
- Place the frozen sliders in the basket upside down, with the top bun touching the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer to cook at 390 degrees for 10 minutes. Halfway through the cook time, flip the sliders over and continue cooking for an additional five minutes.
Reheating Sliders in the Air Fryer
If you have leftover cooked sliders, using the air fryer to reheat them is a quick and convenient option. Since the patties are already cooked, you won’t have to wait long for them to warm up.
To reheat sliders in the air fryer, follow these steps:
- Preheat the air fryer to 300 degrees.
- Place the sliders and buns in the basket and cook for 2 minutes.
Cooking Times for Sliders in the Air Fryer
Cooking times may vary depending on whether you’re preparing fresh sliders, frozen sliders, or reheating cooked sliders. Here are the recommended cook times for each option:
- Preheat the air fryer. Cook the burger patties for 8 minutes at 350 degrees, flipping halfway through.
- Cook the burger patties with frozen buns for 10 minutes at 390 degrees, flipping halfway through.
- Reheat your cooked sliders by preheating the air fryer to 300 degrees. Place the sliders and buns in the air fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes.
We hope this guide has helped you master the art of cooking sliders in the air fryer. Enjoy your delicious creations! If you’re looking for more air fryer recipes and tips, head over to Ekilove for inspiration.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes & Tips:
- Air Fryer Blueberry Bread
- Air Fryer Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- How Long to Cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Easy Ham Sliders with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Air Fryer Paleo Meatloaf Sliders