Are you searching for a mouthwatering salmon recipe that is both easy to make and incredibly delicious? Look no further than this pan-seared salmon with magical butter sauce! With its crispy edges and a sweet-savory flavor profile, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
Why This Pan-Seared Salmon Is Simply Amazing
- It’s a simple 5-ingredient salmon recipe that’s quick to prepare.
- The magical butter sauce, made with butter, fruit preserves, and balsamic vinegar, adds a delightful burst of flavor.
- Don’t limit yourself to just salmon – this sauce pairs perfectly with shrimp, pork chops, fish, or steamed vegetables.
For The Magical Butter
- Fruit preserves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Minced herbs
For The Fish
- Salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
How To Make Pan-Seared Salmon With Magical Butter Sauce – Step By Step
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then roll it up. Use kitchen twine to tie the salmon in four evenly spaced places, ensuring it is tightly secured. Cut the salmon between the twine to create four evenly sized pieces, each about 1 1/4″ thick.
- Heat a large frying pan with some vegetable oil over high heat. Once hot, add the salmon steaks and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the salmon over and cook for an additional 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low, loosely cover the pan with tin foil, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. Transfer the salmon to a clean plate.
- In the same pan, on medium-low heat, add the magical butter ingredients. Cook until the butter is melted and the sauce becomes bubbly, which should take around 30 seconds. Pour the magical butter sauce on top of the salmon.
How To Pan Sear Salmon Like a Pro
When it comes to pan-searing salmon, ensuring even cooking is key. Here’s a simple technique to achieve perfectly cooked salmon every time:
- Start by selecting a salmon fillet that is as even in thickness as possible. However, if this isn’t feasible, don’t worry! You can still achieve excellent results.
- Roll the salmon piece and tie it with twine, whether it has skin or not, based on your preference. Rolling the salmon creates a uniform “steak” that cooks evenly.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and place the salmon down. Sear for 2 minutes.
- Flip the salmon over to reveal a beautiful crust and cook for an additional 1 minute.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and loosely cover the salmon with tin foil. This step traps the heat and allows the inside of the salmon to cook while preserving the crust you’ve created. Alternatively, you can achieve similar results by cooking the salmon in the oven, but using the stovetop method saves you the trouble of heating up the oven.
Looking for the best pan to use? Well, the answer lies in the delicious magical butter sauce that accompanies this dish!
A Magical Butter Sauce to Elevate Your Dish
Prepare to be amazed by this incredible butter sauce that complements the salmon perfectly. Made with a combination of butter, your favorite fruit jam, and balsamic vinegar, this sauce is a game-changer. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make – simply mix the ingredients and heat them in the microwave.
Trust us, this magical butter sauce is so good that you’ll want to drizzle it on everything, from meat to veggies. It’s particularly divine when paired with asparagus!
Check Out These Other Delicious Salmon Recipes
If you’re a fan of salmon, don’t miss out on these other mouthwatering recipes:
- Miso Salmon Recipe
- Sous Vide Miso Salmon Recipe
- Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
- Salmon and Ikura Donburi
Have you tried this pan-seared salmon recipe? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below! And if you’re looking for more fantastic recipes, be sure to visit Ekilove.